Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOVLED] Wifi not working. SPH-720T on MK5 Update

Tip us?

silentdeath631
Old
(Last edited by silentdeath631; 14th January 2014 at 10:56 PM.) Reason: Fixed
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [SOVLED] Wifi not working. SPH-720T on MK5 Update

After going to Sammobile and finding my newest firmware (I realized it was MK5), I flashed it used ODIN and all is well again. Thanks to the people who assisted me as well as they could

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
(Last edited by BIGSAMDA1ST; 14th January 2014 at 02:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentdeath631 View Post
So, yesterday I receieved my new S4 and wanted to install the Google Play Edition rom, well after I flashed the ROM and following all the steps, my phone will no longer boot. Any time I try to flash my "stock" firmware, Odin says "Fail! (Auth)" I don't even know which firmware to use because there is so many and I'm freaking out because everything I seem to be trying is failing. A little help would be appreciated...
Sounds like you're trying to flash a firmware other than MJA or MK2. You are most likely on the latest firmware and trying to flash a previous one.Look for an MJA or MK2 and you should be good to go.

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...

silentdeath631
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSAMDA1ST View Post
Sounds like you're trying to flash a firmware other than MJA or MK2. You are most likely on the latest firmware and trying to flash a previous one.Look for an MJA or MK2 and you should be good to go.

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...
Hey thanks for responding. I have been trying to flash the MK2 firmware over and over again using the newest Odin. I have also gottent he phone working again by loading a stock rom off external_sd, but now my wifi isn't working. I know that's an issue with the Modem not being updated, correct? Everytime I attempt to install the MX2 firmware it FAIL! (Auth). The only thing Odin seems to want to install is custom recoveries. Gladly, I am not bricked, but I did stay home from my first class today to fix my phone Any idea on getting the WiFi working?

ROM I Installed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586586
(Deodexed)

Unfortunately, I tripped the KNOX Flag, but I'm not worried about my warranty currently because I do know what I'm doing for the most part, except this is my first time rooting/unlocking a phone instead of a tablet so it's much more intricate.

Thanks

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Although I'm still on MJA I've heard of people having success by just flashing the MK2 modem. Just look for the modem and flash it with Odin.

silentdeath631
Old
(Last edited by silentdeath631; 14th January 2014 at 10:54 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [SOVLED] Wifi not working. SPH-720T on MX5 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSAMDA1ST View Post
Although I'm still on MJA I've heard of people having success by just flashing the MK2 modem. Just look for the modem and flash it with Odin.

Dude what I'm saying is I try to flash the MK2 Modem file, but Odin just gives me a "FAIL! (Auth)" error every time.

I also figured out that my phone and Kies is reporting the following:

PDA: MK2
Phone: MK5
CSC: MK2

Is MK5 even a thing???? I'm so confused

UPDATE:

So I didn't realize that I had the SPH-720T so I was trying to flash the wrong firmware, and when I installed the custom rom, my firmwares were mismatched; therefore causing the errors. It's flashing the MX5 PDA file successfully as we speak. I will update further on what happens.

UPDATE 2:

The Firmware installed as it should have and my wifi is indeed working again. Phone is clearly functioning and everything seems to be in order. Now I will never touch my phone ever again until I learn more about the ROMs and compatibility.

Erock2k4
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Dude what I'm saying is I try to flash the MK2 Modem file, but Odin just gives me a "FAIL! (Auth)" error every time.

I also figured out that my phone and Kies is reporting the following:

PDA: MK2
Phone: MK5
CSC: MK2

Is MK5 even a thing???? I'm so confused

UPDATE:

So I didn't realize that I had the SPH-720T so I was trying to flash the wrong firmware, and when I installed the custom rom, my firmwares were mismatched; therefore causing the errors. It's flashing the MX5 PDA file successfully as we speak. I will update further on what happens.

UPDATE 2:

The Firmware installed as it should have and my wifi is indeed working again. Phone is clearly functioning and everything seems to be in order. Now I will never touch my phone ever again until I learn more about the ROMs and compatibility.
Where did you find that file? Im having the exact same problem but you didnt link the solution ;-/

silentdeath631
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock2k4 View Post
Where did you find that file? Im having the exact same problem but you didnt link the solution ;-/
Probably shouldn't have revived this dead thread, but since I'm a nice person, here. The mirror sucks. You can wait a few hours and I'll upload it to a better mirror, or sit through the ****ty 150KB/s download speed.

http://true-android.blogspot.com/201...-firmware.html
The Following User Says Thank You to silentdeath631 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Erock2k4
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Probably shouldn't have revived this dead thread, but since I'm a nice person, here. The mirror sucks. You can wait a few hours and I'll upload it to a better mirror, or sit through the ****ty 150KB/s download speed.

http://true-android.blogspot.com/201...-firmware.html
Ive been looking for HOURS! I didnt even know there was a newer MK5 modem and it was driving me insane lol THANK YOU FOR BEING AWESOME!

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Hey I know the thread is dead, but When you installed the new Modem did you end up having to wipe the current Rom you installed? I was just curious if you got it running on your custom rom with the new modem. Figured Id ask while waiting for the dinosaur download speed. Thanks again!

silentdeath631
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock2k4 View Post
Ive been looking for HOURS! I didnt even know there was a newer MK5 modem and it was driving me insane lol THANK YOU FOR BEING AWESOME!

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Hey I know the thread is dead, but When you installed the new Modem did you end up having to wipe the current Rom you installed? I was just curious if you got it running on your custom rom with the new modem. Figured Id ask while waiting for the dinosaur download speed. Thanks again!
I haven't tried because that file isn't the modem its the whole 4.3 rom and boot loader. that's why it's 2.1 GB. I ended up bricking my phone until I found the MX5 firmware. so I have no clue. I'm done messing with Roms until developers start working on the triband version of the S4