Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 55,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is Nokia X real android?

Tip us?

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is Nokia X real android?

Some news said its real system was Symbian 6.0,and it just can run Android app.Is the news real?

I'm sorry for my bad English..

jamestts
Old
Thanks Meter 51
i thought it is aosp android.

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jamestts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

looney64
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 363975501 View Post
Some news said its real system was Symbian 6.0,and it just can run Android app.Is the news real?

No, its a heavily modified fork of the Android Open Source Project(Android 4.1), with all the google stuff replaced with microsoft services.
The Following User Says Thank You to looney64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lolpok
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Depends on what you mean with real Android, but it's based on android open source project so yeah i call it "real" Android but it's modified as f*ck so it doesn't look like Android at all but from beginning it is pure Android.
i like pie
The Following User Says Thank You to lolpok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trunkline
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpok View Post
Depends on what you mean with real Android, but it's based on android open source project so yeah i call it "real" Android but it's modified as f*ck so it doesn't look like Android at all but from beginning it is pure Android.
It is a fork of Android and is confirmed because at has been possible to install and fully working GAPS.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=50707725
The Following User Says Thank You to trunkline For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lolpok
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunkline View Post
It is a fork of Android and is confirmed because at has been possible to install and fully working GAPS.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=50707725

/facepalm
i like pie
The Following User Says Thank You to lolpok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LeJolly
Old
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpok View Post
/facepalm
*facepalming with you*

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:
oh god snakewood...the egg evolves twice, then you use a stone on it and you get...Legendary dogs? wot?
- BlitzkriegOmega
Quote:
I'm never going back, the past is in the paaaast!
- Me after the last day of school / Frozen Elsa

The Following User Says Thank You to LeJolly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Caner092
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Nokia doesn't accept it as an Android, head of Nokia Turkey said that it's not an android as the others, it's different and we call it Nokia X platform
- Nexus 4
- Motorola Atrix
The Following User Says Thank You to Caner092 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mrtoxicgamer10
Old
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 363975501 View Post

You can say that but Nokia heavily modified the AOSP and gave it a Windows + Asha UI and support for all kinds of APK's which can be installed from Third Party Apps like Blackmart and also Nokia is partnering with the store.Yandex.com (just like Play store) which has lakhs of Android apps available for download to it's Nokia X users.

Yesterday a Dev called Kashamalaga posted a guide to install full working GAPPS on Nokia X which allows you to have all Google Play services (including Play Store) on Nokia X.
Help me to own my Dream Device : Donate through Paypal!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrtoxicgamer10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestts View Post
i thought it is aosp android.

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app
I think so..Thanks for your answer..