Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CaseMate Tough Naked

Tip us?

choboii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default CaseMate Tough Naked

Just got this case from the UK and should be arriving tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXGeqcoiJks

There is no slot for the magnetic charging port, but I plan on trying to make my own hole. Do you guys have suggestions on how to cut out the polycarbonate shell? The rubber part should be easy, but I don't know how I should cut the polycarbonate. Should I heat it up and then try to cut it like that?

Thanks!

tux_topo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by choboii View Post
Just got this case from the UK and should be arriving tomorrow

There is no slot for the magnetic charging port, but I plan on trying to make my own hole. Do you guys have suggestions on how to cut out the polycarbonate shell? The rubber part should be easy, but I don't know how I should cut the polycarbonate. Should I heat it up and then try to cut it like that?

Thanks!
My experience with a TPU case (very similar to that case), was about using a soldering iron (like this: http: //csimg.mercamania.es/srv/ES/00001933974/T/340x340/C/FFFFFF/url/6400-soldador-de-estaao-30w.jpg ) to reshape the holes...

Good luck!!

baste07
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Got the case today from sony shop. Dis appointed that i can't use magnetic charger

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LotoTutu
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Ordered this hard case for Xperia Z1 Compact. There is a slot fot magnetic charging port.

Wobstar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotoTutu View Post
Ordered this hard case for Xperia Z1 Compact. There is a slot fot magnetic charging port.

Yeah, and it SUCKS! Creates a white flare when taking pictures, a lot of dust gets under the cover and it makes your device bulky. But hey, I hope you might have a better experience with it!

Ow yeah, I forgot to most important one... It prevents the flap over the charging port to close properly about 80% of the time.

m_gal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
One more thing, you can't charge battery with the Sony Magnetic Dock DK32, phone with this case doesn't fit in it.

«««naTapatalk'owane na Nexus 7(2013)»»»

baste07
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_gal View Post
One more thing, you can't charge battery with the Sony Magnetic Dock DK32, phone with this case doesn't fit in it.

in the magentic dock you can remove the a part of the base to increase the space on the dock, have you tried that and the phone with the case still doesn't fit?

m_gal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This was the first idea that I had, but I still doesn't fit - I'm talking about the case that LotoTutu called hard case for Z1 compact. There is a slot for magnetic charging dock, but the device in it is still too bulky, and I can't use the dock.

TD0711
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i bought this case about a month ago, and got it replaced couple days ago due to the plastic back is full of bubbles inside. at first i thought it was dirt but gave a wipe and nothing came off. I emailed the company and they said it is not normal, so that sample might be defected. Got it replaced at the shop and i will see how it last this time. Thanks god i didnt chuck the receipt away, never thought it would happen something like that. Let us know how yours going later?