Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screenshield for XPERIA Z1 Compact - protect you display

Tip us?

Jozinek
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1884

DONATE TO ME
Default Screenshield for XPERIA Z1 Compact - protect you display

I like my XPERIA Z1 Compact very much but i was thinking about protect display of my phone and than i buy screenshield. It was good choice, because it is high quality protection film and fit very well on XPERIA Z1 Compact. Why i like it?

- easy installation on display
- display is still with good viewing angles and colour quality
- touchscreen feedback is same as without film
- price is not high

e-shop - http://www.skinzone.eu/screenshield/...4-22-1845.html

If i help you, hit thx button. If i help you much, donate to buy new devices...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jozinek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nizarnoor
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I juts ordered one, hope it'll come soon.

Einride
Old
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Did you apply this screen protector on top of the anti-shatter film that's already there or did you remove that film first?
Lay down your soul to the Gods rock n roll!

Pytte
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einride View Post
Did you apply this screen protector on top of the anti-shatter film that's already there or did you remove that film first?
leave your anti shatter protector on if you put screen protector on..

if you already scratched your anti shatter protector, well then you be the judge if you wanna remove it.. but it voids warranty.

http://copter.com/en/

I got this protector for mine, really nice way to put it on, and you can reapply it easily without fuss.

Just spray screen with the included spray and the film as well, and apply and dry. Won't leave any bubbles.

If you run outa the spray it's basically just mild soap water.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pytte For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phukkitt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einride View Post
The Sony logo is on the ASF, not the glass, and since he still has the logo he must still have the film on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phukkitt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jozinek
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1884

DONATE TO ME
Yes, that is true

If i help you, hit thx button. If i help you much, donate to buy new devices...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jozinek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pixel7474
Old
Thanks Meter 18
How does this compare to a Liquipel screenshield? Saw this new brand at CES

Phukkitt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Got this today as well as their white carbon skin (you get 60% off on the screenshield if you order a skin at the same time, there was no info about this on the english site but on the swedish one it is listed. However it says that the offer was only valid until 2012-12-31 but it still worked for me).
Shipment from Czech Republic to Sweden took 4 days.

Application went pretty well, the anti-shatter film on the Z1c is quite a dust magnet so it was hard keeping it completely free from dust but I think I managed ok.

The film is of the soft/rubbery type, which I don't like, so I will most likely swap it out for a harder one (probably a cheap eBay one, they're often good enough)
The Following User Says Thank You to Phukkitt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nizarnoor
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukkitt View Post
The film is of the soft/rubbery type, which I don't like, so I will most likely swap it out for a harder one (probably a cheap eBay one, they're often good enough)
I just got this recently and I agree with this. Furthermore, for me, the application process is really difficult! It took me several times to finally get it aligned perfectly and bubble-free. But then when it's set, it looks like there's still some smears inside it - probably caused by the liquid solution.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this type of screen protector. It's not for me.

Baldroega
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotoTutu View Post
You'd better apply a screen protector on the top of ASF.
If you remove it, the Xperia Z1 compact will out of warranty.
It is easy to remove the ASF, but install a new ASF is a hard task.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

I have ordered this Sony Xperia Z1 compact tempered glass screen protector from witrigs.
but is there a place where to buy the ASF with the logo? it was nice so that we could substitute our ASF if it had sustained some scratches.