Question [Q] SGY stock rom & Hyperion GM build

OP GrayFullbuster

6th March 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag manila
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
i just downloaded S5360_DXLL1_OLBLL1_DXLL1 like carl catabay said he based hyperion gm build from that rom , but why did my odin didn't recognize it? is there any differences between old stock rom and new stock rom ?
The Following User Says Thank You to GrayFullbuster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 171

256 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFullbuster

i just downloaded S5360_DXLL1_OLBLL1_DXLL1 like carl catabay said he based hyperion gm build from that rom , but why did my odin didn't recognize it? is there any differences between old stock rom and new stock rom ?

ODIN recognize ur phone.. not firmware.. install the usb drivers.. boot into download mod.. then connect ur phone to pc..
6th March 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag manila

20 posts
More
Question no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBJ

ODIN recognize ur phone.. not firmware.. install the usb drivers.. boot into download mod.. then connect ur phone to pc..

yeah i know that, you don't get me ..i have the drivers. i also went to download mode(recovery right?) when i'm about to flash that firmware (S5360_DXLL1_OLBLL1_DXLL1), it was all blank. to clarify is it a stock rom? i clicked pda,scs etc and find it but i didn't see anything to flash thru ODIN. hmm..

and the firmware old or new is there a diff? and what it is ?
6th March 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 171

256 posts
More
Quote:

yeah i know that, you don't get me ..i have the drivers. i also went to download mode(recovery right?) when i'm about to flash that firmware (S5360_DXLL1_OLBLL1_DXLL1), it was all blank. to clarify is it a stock rom? i clicked pda,scs etc and find it but i didn't see anything to flash thru ODIN. hmm..

did u extract the firmware ?? what u got there ??
6th March 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,637

4,913 posts
Quote:

where did you download the firmware from

if its from sammobile you will just have a single tar.md5 file which you place in the pda section

however not all phones can support single file flashing
you need to split the firmware into odin flashable parts which you can do with splitfus2

links to pre split odin flashable firmware and splitfus2 to split your own firmware can be found on my firmware thread which you can find either by clicking the link in my signature or by looking at the top of the 5360 dev section
6th March 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag manila

20 posts
More
hmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

where did you download the firmware from

if its from sammobile you will just have a single tar.md5 file which you place in the pda section

however not all phones can support single file flashing
you need to split the firmware into odin flashable parts which you can do with splitfus2

links to pre split odin flashable firmware and splitfus2 to split your own firmware can be found on my firmware thread which you can find either by clicking the link in my signature or by looking at the top of the 5360 dev section

this is a printscreen of that. i forgot where i downloaded it .oh yeah i saw that thread of splitfus . well ill just download again hehe
whats the diff of new firmware from the old?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hyp2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	2616789  
6th March 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag manila

20 posts
More
this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBJ

did u extract the firmware ?? what u got there ??

this one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hyp.png
Views:	25
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	2616802  
6th March 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,637

4,913 posts
Quote:

this one

thats fine but in that screenshot you have not extracted the files (they are still in a zip folder copy them to say the desktop or a folder)

put csc in csc
put phone in modem
put pda in pda

make sure odin is connected to your phone - it will say com then a number in a coloured box under com:id on the left hand side

then just flash it

I dont know what you mean by new and old firmware but obviously new firmware has bug fixes and later firmware has a new kernel ramdisk but in terms of flashing new and old firmware there is totally no difference
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #9  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 145

466 posts
More
Quote:

hey recovery mode is differnent from download mode...
fo opening download mode you have to press power+vol down+home
7th March 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag manila

20 posts
More
marcussmith2626
oH! thats how it is! thanks!i just need to copy it to the desktop.. what i did before was to right click then extract.nothing changes. well thanks for the tip! i just installed it correctly hehe . now its time to install the hyperion 8 GM .. i hit the thanks button! cause u help me a lot there !

can i ask you another question?
why does the hyperion 8 GM final is much like a stockrom other than status bar and settings . i'm much interested in Pre_GM .
thou it was realy a messy( i mean the settings were scattered througout the screen . status bar or even options or just presing the lower left key)
do u know how to install gestures of the PreGM?
Last edited by GrayFullbuster; 7th March 2014 at 06:35 AM. Reason: forgot to quote marcus

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread