Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to hide apps on touchwiz? [kitkat]

Tip us?

neonstone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default How to hide apps on touchwiz? [kitkat]

The hide apps function from jelly bean now gone with kitkat or i just missed it? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonstone View Post
The hide apps function from jelly bean now gone with kitkat or i just missed it? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Google has removed the hidden feature App Ops from Android in its Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, claiming that the feature wasn't supposed to be available to the public in the first place. Google removed the feature because it was "experimental" and could break app functionality, reported the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

"The fact that [Android users] can not turn off app permissions is a Stygian hole in the Android security model, and a billion people's data is being sucked through," wrote the EFF's Peter Eckersley. "Embarrassingly, it is also one that Apple managed to fix in iOS years ago."

*EDIT: We love u SAMSUNG!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

benni_1994
Old
Thanks Meter 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
Google has removed the hidden feature App Ops from Android in its Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, claiming that the feature wasn't supposed to be available to the public in the first place. Google removed the feature because it was "experimental" and could break app functionality, reported the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

"The fact that [Android users] can not turn off app permissions is a Stygian hole in the Android security model, and a billion people's data is being sucked through," wrote the EFF's Peter Eckersley. "Embarrassingly, it is also one that Apple managed to fix in iOS years ago."

*EDIT: We love u SAMSUNG!!!!!!
This is not what the op meant.

But I cant find the option to hide apps from the appdrawer too :P

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

rkadve
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Make a folder & put the apps to be hidden in it

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rkadve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]