FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Question ( superuser / supersu )

453 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By Croize, Senior Member on 5th March 2014, 08:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys , i just baught a LG G2 european / international ( D802 ) i was thinking to flash a rom that comes with superSU , Now i have the root with stock rom, Am i able to flash a room even if it comes with superSU? Sorry im really noob at this >.< Doing my first flash.. Thanks.

5th March 2014, 08:11 PM |#2  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,575

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize

Hey guys , i just baught a LG G2 european / international ( D802 ) i was thinking to flash a rom that comes with superSU , Now i have the root with stock rom, Am i able to flash a room even if it comes with superSU? Sorry im really noob at this >.< Doing my first flash.. Thanks.

first you need a custom recovery and you need supersu or superuser so that apps can granted root access so every rom either comes with ir preinstalled or makes a note saying you need to flash/install once you flash the rom
5th March 2014, 08:13 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

first you need a custom recovery and you need supersu or superuser so that apps can granted root access so every rom either comes with ir preinstalled or makes a note saying you need to flash/install once you flash the rom

Recovery is all set, Thanks to you, Second im downloading a rom at my phone right now.. My question basicly is, Does it matter wich one supersu / superuser i have installed on phone at the moment right now when im going to flash a new rom ?
5th March 2014, 08:17 PM |#4  
Flag Florida

More
No it does not matter sometimes the rom has one already and changes the one you had previously it's not an issue just a matter of preference like the recoveries cwn and twrp are both great but you stick to the one you like most

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
5th March 2014, 08:19 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

No it does not matter sometimes the rom has one already and changes the one you had previously it's not an issue just a matter of preference like the recoveries can and twrp are both great but you stick to the one you like most

Thanks The answer i wanted.. Hopefully my first flash goes well as im a little scared to brick my phone , Another question.... I was in this forum on my phone ,, And downloaded it direcly instead on the pc , You think that makes a diffrence for the install ?
5th March 2014, 08:22 PM |#6  
Flag Florida

More
Won't make any difference when you install also since you are now rooted and have custom recovery I recommend doing a nandroid back up in twrp/cwm so that if something does go wrong this is one of the different ways to recover to a state before a flash

5th March 2014, 08:24 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Won't make any difference when you install also since you are now rooted and have custom recovery I recommend doing a android back up in twrp/cwm so that if something does go wrong this is one of the different ways to recover to a state before a flash

Ye i just read to make a backup Ofc i will do that , consider the phone is completly new O.O Thanks for all answers mate.. Solved it all for me
5th March 2014, 08:24 PM |#8  
Flag Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize

Ye i just read to make a backup Ofc i will do that , consider the phone is completly new O.O Thanks for all answers mate.. Solved it all for me

you are welcome and always here to help when I can
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XxZombiePikachu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)