Ask a question

No registration required

Alarm?

OP jotty1993

2nd March 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Ok, so, I have noticed - and not just my tablet - but every android device I have ever had, the alarm has failed to go off in the morning, even though it's set. it will go off if you set it for a few minutes, maybe hours, but if you leave an alarm to go off by itself at an important time, it fails you. I wake up, and the notification is in my notification saying "Alarm set for xx:00 AM" and I tap it, and THEN it goes off, even saying that the alarm was set for the whatever the time was when I tapped the notification. USELESS. same thing on my phone, and my previous phone. Is this something with android or what? I need to sort this out or I am going to end up being late for something really important!
4th March 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
My alarm has only failed to go off if the case is closed. It's a minor inconvenience, but I just leave the case open so the alarm actually goes off.
4th March 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #3  

14 posts
I agree, if you are using a case with a magnet that turns your Tab screen on and off, you need to leave the cover open when using the alarm function .

Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app
4th March 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #4  
here
Thanks Meter: 24

242 posts
Not only magnets but the cover itself turns the screen off.

Took out both magnets from the cover and still screen goes black when closing it, same story with alarm - screen needs to be uncovered to have alarm sound in the morning
5th March 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #5  

61 posts
Well....I did enjoy the extra hour and 1/2 sleep I got the first time I used it with the case closed!
6th March 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #6  
here
Thanks Meter: 24

242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydsw

Well....I did enjoy the extra hour and 1/2 sleep I got the first time I used it with the case closed!

extra hour sleep happened to me today,

with cover open and 42% of battery before going to bed I woke up to turned off,empty battery
...still trying to figure out best setting for overclocking this tablet with stock ROM as let me oversleep twice already
6th March 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #7  

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new-noob

screen needs to be uncovered to have alarm sound in the morning

I really think this is a major flaw on an otherwise great tab.
8th March 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #8  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 81

847 posts
More
I have the 315 with a TPU case (no Cover).. and the alarm performs great every time. Never failed me yet..*** knock wood***
9th March 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 10

72 posts
Are you guys using the built-in stock alarm clock? Download one from the Play Store. I have never had this problem on the Android platform, but then again I have never used the built-in alarm clock. I also don't use a case but I fail to see how that would make a difference.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread