Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,592 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TN7 Stylus enhance

Tip us?
 
cars10k
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default TN7 Stylus enhance

Hey guys, because i am using my TN7 for university i write alot with it.
But i always had problems with the stylus, because it is so thin.. so i improvised:



Feels awesome and feels like you are writing with a normal pen.. i like it, so here how2build your own.

What you need:
- one of these guys (or similiar) (just the cap.)

- the grip from another pen

1. you have to remove the cover / top of the cap, so you get a tube.
2. pull the grip over it
top:
bottom:
3. ofc pull the whole thing over your stylus =) (not too much, you want to be able to remove it later!)
4. have fun
The Following User Says Thank You to cars10k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rchrdcrg
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 129
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Branson, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars10k View Post
Hey guys, because i am using my TN7 for university i write alot with it.
But i always had problems with the stylus, because it is so thin.. so i improvised:
I actually use a pencil with mine most of the time... if the tip isn't too sharp it works almost flawlessly, and it glides over the screen very nicely and doesn't hurt the screen at all. I even bought some FullHB pencils (they're solid graphite, no wood) to use, and they seem to work even better than a standard pencil.
The Following User Says Thank You to rchrdcrg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Quistnix
Old
#3  
Quistnix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 127
Join Date: Oct 2009
I just dug up the old full graphite pencils from my art school days and I have to agree: they are amazing stylusses (styli?).

Then I decided to go one better: I got a mechanical pencil with some nice fat leads (I went for 3mm HB koh-i-noors). Now I can retract the vulnerable graphite for safer traveling and still have an amazing and precice hard-tip stylus.

I might just take apart the official stylus and replace the rubber with a bit of graphite, but I'm not entirely comfortable storing that inside the tablet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Quistnix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rchrdcrg
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 129
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Branson, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quistnix View Post
I just dug up the old full graphite pencils from my art school days and I have to agree: they are amazing stylusses (styli?).

Then I decided to go one better: I got a mechanical pencil with some nice fat leads (I went for 3mm HB koh-i-noors). Now I can retract the vulnerable graphite for safer traveling and still have an amazing and precice hard-tip stylus.

I might just take apart the official stylus and replace the rubber with a bit of graphite, but I'm not entirely comfortable storing that inside the tablet.
I had tried just a regular cheap mechanical pencil, and they don't work at all... probably because the lead is too thin and/or the casing is plastic and doesn't carry the conductivity to your hand. Glad you liked the pencil idea, though! Oh, and yes, it is styli :P
 
e8hffff
Old
#5  
e8hffff's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 151
Join Date: Dec 2010
This is cool.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e8hffff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
EXILE157
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bronx, NY
Default TN7 My Pro Stylus Mod

Here's my first Mod on the TN7 Pro Stylus after seeing the above post it gave me the go ahead since I had an extra one,
it feels much better after long time of use compare to the original slim stick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TN7Mod2.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	2598977  
 
tsbrewers
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 112
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXILE157 View Post
Here's my first Mod on the TN7 Pro Stylus after seeing the above post it gave me the go ahead since I had an extra one,
it feels much better after long time of use compare to the original slim stick

So you installed the pro stylus tip in to a regular pen of some type? please fill us in on the details, I use my tablet pretty much just for the writing, and the oem one sucks.

Brew
 
EXILE157
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bronx, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrewers View Post
So you installed the pro stylus tip in to a regular pen of some type? please fill us in on the details, I use my tablet pretty much just for the writing, and the oem one sucks.

Brew
Sorry I've been busy, yes what I did is take a pen and did some eye measurements and cuts to fit it, I will post some picture of it broken down it's pretty easy!...I just don't understand why can they just create something like this already?
 
mscott998
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 233
Join Date: Mar 2011
Yes please post. Very interested in doing this mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes