Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Camer - Only 3.2 MP instead of 5 MP

OP runittwiice

22nd January 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Hello everyone,

I've been trying out a few camera apps and on two of them it showed the MP my camera was on and they both said 3.2 instead of the 5 mp it should normally be.. One of the apps is ProCapture, I've been messing around with the settings a bit, but i can't seem to get it to 5 mp?

I'm really confused and I wonder how I can fix this?

Cheers
22nd January 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by runittwiice

Hello everyone,

I've been trying out a few camera apps and on two of them it showed the MP my camera was on and they both said 3.2 instead of the 5 mp it should normally be.. One of the apps is ProCapture, I've been messing around with the settings a bit, but i can't seem to get it to 5 mp?

I'm really confused and I wonder how I can fix this?

Cheers

You have to buy the full version for full resolution. I know that the ProCapture free version is just a demo with limited res so you can see all the feature but at low res.

(According the the apps info. I haven't bought the full version so I can't confirm it will be 5mp but safe to assumed it will be)
22nd January 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dptran

You have to buy the full version for full resolution. I know that the ProCapture free version is just a demo with limited res so you can see all the feature but at low res.

(According the the apps info. I haven't bought the full version so I can't confirm it will be 5mp but safe to assumed it will be)

Note that the default 16:9 ratio doesn't use the full sensor and is 3.7mp. switching wide-screen off give the 'full' 5mp.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fitzhugh2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Ok, thanks alot guys. Are there any camera apps you use that you find give you "better" or sharper quality pictures? Because with my stock camera it seems to be a bit random..
22nd January 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #5  
Flag Mexico D.F.
Thanks Meter: 880

511 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runittwiice

Ok, thanks alot guys. Are there any camera apps you use that you find give you "better" or sharper quality pictures? Because with my stock camera it seems to be a bit random..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a_mx&hl=es_419
3rd May 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

125 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzhugh2

Note that the default 16:9 ratio doesn't use the full sensor and is 3.7mp. switching wide-screen off give the 'full' 5mp.

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread