Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camer - Only 3.2 MP instead of 5 MP

Tip us?

runittwiice
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Camer - Only 3.2 MP instead of 5 MP

Hello everyone,

I've been trying out a few camera apps and on two of them it showed the MP my camera was on and they both said 3.2 instead of the 5 mp it should normally be.. One of the apps is ProCapture, I've been messing around with the settings a bit, but i can't seem to get it to 5 mp?

I'm really confused and I wonder how I can fix this?

Cheers

dptran
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by runittwiice View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been trying out a few camera apps and on two of them it showed the MP my camera was on and they both said 3.2 instead of the 5 mp it should normally be.. One of the apps is ProCapture, I've been messing around with the settings a bit, but i can't seem to get it to 5 mp?

I'm really confused and I wonder how I can fix this?

Cheers
You have to buy the full version for full resolution. I know that the ProCapture free version is just a demo with limited res so you can see all the feature but at low res.

(According the the apps info. I haven't bought the full version so I can't confirm it will be 5mp but safe to assumed it will be)

fitzhugh2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dptran View Post
You have to buy the full version for full resolution. I know that the ProCapture free version is just a demo with limited res so you can see all the feature but at low res.

(According the the apps info. I haven't bought the full version so I can't confirm it will be 5mp but safe to assumed it will be)
Note that the default 16:9 ratio doesn't use the full sensor and is 3.7mp. switching wide-screen off give the 'full' 5mp.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fitzhugh2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

runittwiice
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, thanks alot guys. Are there any camera apps you use that you find give you "better" or sharper quality pictures? Because with my stock camera it seems to be a bit random..

tazlooney89
Old
Thanks Meter 861

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by runittwiice View Post
Ok, thanks alot guys. Are there any camera apps you use that you find give you "better" or sharper quality pictures? Because with my stock camera it seems to be a bit random..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a_mx&hl=es_419
<<-------------------------------------------------------------------->>

Fede37
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzhugh2 View Post
Note that the default 16:9 ratio doesn't use the full sensor and is 3.7mp. switching wide-screen off give the 'full' 5mp.
Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks!