Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Vipers 2.0.2 - WiFi not turning on

Tip us?

Spoggy72
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Vipers 2.0.2 - WiFi not turning on

Hello Forum,

I'm hoping someone out these can assist me with my issue, I've searched through XDA Developers site for a number of days now and cannot see any relevant answers or solutions to my problem...

Running HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio on O2 UK. The phone is UNLOCKED and S-ON running on ViperS2.0.2 (Android : 4.0.4 / Sense 4.1) with a bricked Kernel from m0narx v3.0.36, HBoot = 1.29.0000. CID states HTC_001 / MID is PG5813001.

My only issue is that the Wi-Fi doesn't work at all, no matter what I've tried. When in Settings, Wi-Fi shows as OFF when changing this to ON all that is seen is 'Turning On' and this doesn't change at all unless a full reboot has taken place. Absolutely love the Viper ROM and the add-on's it presents compared to the stock ROM and would prefer not to flash back to stock ROM

How can this be resolved?

rzr86
Old
Thanks Meter 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoggy72 View Post
Hello Forum,

I'm hoping someone out these can assist me with my issue, I've searched through XDA Developers site for a number of days now and cannot see any relevant answers or solutions to my problem...

Running HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio on O2 UK. The phone is UNLOCKED and S-ON running on ViperS2.0.2 (Android : 4.0.4 / Sense 4.1) with a bricked Kernel from m0narx v3.0.36, HBoot = 1.29.0000. CID states HTC_001 / MID is PG5813001.

My only issue is that the Wi-Fi doesn't work at all, no matter what I've tried. When in Settings, Wi-Fi shows as OFF when changing this to ON all that is seen is 'Turning On' and this doesn't change at all unless a full reboot has taken place. Absolutely love the Viper ROM and the add-on's it presents compared to the stock ROM and would prefer not to flash back to stock ROM

How can this be resolved?
did you try to flash the boot.img of the rom via fastboot command?

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.2.1 JB Sense 5 | Sense 6 Blinkfeed
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC3 testing build: 8
S-OFF