Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help Watch doesn't switch back on

Tip us?

death_entry
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Help Watch doesn't switch back on

I went to restart my TS and now it won't switch back on at all.... nothing happening and no response... I have left it on charge and it gets slightly warm but nothing happens?? Any ideas??
LG G2 32GB KitKat
Omate TrueSmart Watch 8GB EU JellyBean

DaBountyHunter
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_entry View Post
I went to restart my TS and now it won't switch back on at all.... nothing happening and no response... I have left it on charge and it gets slightly warm but nothing happens?? Any ideas??
You tried holding the power button down for more than 2 seconds?

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I don't think that will help. The watch arrives set in quickboot mode and it can crash in that mode and not restart right. Might be the problem here, or his display backlight might have failed. Or his power button might have failed.

Anyway, try a battery pull. A full restart after a real shutdown via battery pull will probably recover the watch to where you can go in and disable quickboot.
Instructions are in other threads.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

death_entry
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Yeh I tried holding down every button etc for looong time... Today it's actually it's started working again clever tactics I tried....

Stop playing it with it for a day (Vital part this!)
Plug it into computer for 15mins
Hold power down.... it came on Woop
LG G2 32GB KitKat
Omate TrueSmart Watch 8GB EU JellyBean
The Following User Says Thank You to death_entry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

haybill
Old
Thanks Meter 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_entry View Post
Yeh I tried holding down every button etc for looong time... Today it's actually it's started working again clever tactics I tried....

Stop playing it with it for a day (Vital part this!)
Plug it into computer for 15mins
Hold power down.... it came on Woop
One thing that people need to be aware of--after doing a Cache and Dalvik wipe in TWRP Recovery--the phone can 'seem' like it's stuck in Boot mode--BUT, it's just taking it's time to re-align all the apps, software etc... and I mean at least 10 minutes of looking at a stationary Boot screen--it worried me first time.

Smockingjacket
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, mines gone too. It was fully charged. I was listening to music, turned off the app, put watch on standby and when I went to check the time the thing won't turn back on. Tried connecting it to the charger but no response. I'm going to open it up and see if that works. I know I'll loose my warranty for this (doubt I have one as I got mine through Expansys.jp), If it doesn't work then I can confirm that swett, and not much of it will break your truesmart.