Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 39,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[QUESTION ] Oleophobic coating

Tip us?

arenaboy007
Old
(Last edited by arenaboy007; 6th March 2014 at 05:35 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [QUESTION ] Oleophobic coating

So I had my LG G2 for a few weeks now, and I noticed a couple of hairline scratches on my phone screen, particularly on the areas where my finger touches often. It's not easily seen and cannot be felt, but it annoys the hell out of me. So I tried using applesauce, turtle wax scratch remover, and they didn't work, in fact they rubbed some oleophobic coating off. I ended up having a rough screen with the scratches still there. I'm looking into the Oleophobic coating online and read that it helps hide the scratches from the screen while restoring it's slickness at the same time. I wonder if it could help me?

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by arenaboy007 View Post
So I had my LG G2 for a few weeks now, and I noticed a couple of hairline scratches on my phone screen, particularly on the areas where my finger touches often. It's not easily seen and cannot be felt, but it annoys the hell out of me. So I tried using applesauce, turtle wax scratch remover, and they didn't work, in fact they rubbed some oleophobic coating off. I ended up having a rough screen with the scratches still there. I'm looking into the Oleophobic coating online and read that it help hide the scratches from the screen while restoring it's slickness at the same time. I wonder if it could help me?
I looked around and it might work I've never used it so I wouldn't know

ArcaneDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I know this doesnt help but you should have considered a oleophobic coated screen protector when you first got the phone lol
If I have typos in my post I'm on my phone and in a hurry :P
My Devices
Nexus S - Sold
Droid Razr - Broken
Galaxy Nexus - Sold
Nokia Lumia 820 - Sold
LG G2 - Current

arenaboy007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneDroid View Post
I know this doesnt help but you should have considered a oleophobic coated screen protector when you first got the phone lol
I know haha. Unfortunately glass screen protectors are hard to come by in my area, so I had to order a couple from amazon. And it hasn't arrive yet, so I'm forced to use it without screen protectors for now.