Ask a question

No registration required

[QUESTION ] Oleophobic coating

OP arenaboy007

6th March 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

188 posts
So I had my LG G2 for a few weeks now, and I noticed a couple of hairline scratches on my phone screen, particularly on the areas where my finger touches often. It's not easily seen and cannot be felt, but it annoys the hell out of me. So I tried using applesauce, turtle wax scratch remover, and they didn't work, in fact they rubbed some oleophobic coating off. I ended up having a rough screen with the scratches still there. I'm looking into the Oleophobic coating online and read that it helps hide the scratches from the screen while restoring it's slickness at the same time. I wonder if it could help me?
Last edited by arenaboy007; 6th March 2014 at 06:35 AM.
6th March 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,510

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arenaboy007

So I had my LG G2 for a few weeks now, and I noticed a couple of hairline scratches on my phone screen, particularly on the areas where my finger touches often. It's not easily seen and cannot be felt, but it annoys the hell out of me. So I tried using applesauce, turtle wax scratch remover, and they didn't work, in fact they rubbed some oleophobic coating off. I ended up having a rough screen with the scratches still there. I'm looking into the Oleophobic coating online and read that it help hide the scratches from the screen while restoring it's slickness at the same time. I wonder if it could help me?

I looked around and it might work I've never used it so I wouldn't know
6th March 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

29 posts
I know this doesnt help but you should have considered a oleophobic coated screen protector when you first got the phone lol
6th March 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

188 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneDroid

I know this doesnt help but you should have considered a oleophobic coated screen protector when you first got the phone lol

I know haha. Unfortunately glass screen protectors are hard to come by in my area, so I had to order a couple from amazon. And it hasn't arrive yet, so I'm forced to use it without screen protectors for now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread