Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][4.4.4] OmniROM for the Galaxy Exhibits/Ace 2 E [T599 | T599N | T599V | T599x]

OP Exothermic

6th March 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 518

608 posts
More

OmniROM for the T599X Variants (T599, T599N, T599V)

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Downloads

TWRP 2.7 Recovery
OmniROM 4.4.4
GAPPS (feel free to use any GAPPS, as long as it's meant for 4.4.4)
Odin 3.07
SuperSU

Instructions
  1. Download OmniROM 4.4.2, TWRP Recovery, GAPPS, and SuperSU. Place OmniROM 4.4.2, GAPPS, and SuperSU on your external sd card.
  2. Flash TWRP Recovery via ODIN. Turn off your phone, and put your phone in download mode by pressing volume down button, home button and the power button simultaneously and letting go. Press volume up when prompted.
  3. Plug in your phone via usb, and open up ODIN and load the recovery in PDA and flash away. Do not tick or untick anything.
  4. After it flashed, reboot to recovery (by pressing volume up, home, and power simultaneously).
  5. Make a full backup in case things go awry.
  6. Press wipe and slide to do a factory reset.
  7. Install OmniROM 4.4.2, GAPPS, SuperSU via recovery (you can choose multiple zips and then swipe to flash them all at the same time).
  8. After flashing is complete, wipe cache/dalvik.
  9. Reboot to system, and enjoy OmniROM 4.4.2!

Screenshot

Note
- I'll update this post with the latest build; you can flash over the previous build without a factory reset and wipe dalvik/cache unless specified otherwise, or you seem to continue to still experience the bugs that should have fixed.

Credits
- @Meticulus and his respective sources!
- @Unjustified Dev and his respective sources!
- @golden-guyand his respective sources!
- TeamCanjica and their respective sources!
Last edited by Exothermic; 27th June 2014 at 07:42 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Exothermic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

608 posts
More
WORKING
  1. WiFi
  2. Bluetooth
  3. ADB/MTP
  4. RIL
  5. MMS
  6. GPS
  7. Audio
  8. Camera/Camcorder
  9. Reboot
  10. Torch
  11. Button backlight
  12. Fixed low in call volume
  13. Carrier Names
  14. Correct battery-temp
  15. Bluetooth calls

NOT WORKING
  1. RIL Bugs
  2. Random Reboots (?) [UNCONFIRMED]
  3. Button backlight won't turn off
  4. Screen Recorder [Won't work for our devices, due to it having less than 1GB of RAM]
  5. WiFi Tethering
  6. Yet to be determined
Last edited by Exothermic; 30th April 2014 at 06:55 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Exothermic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

608 posts
More
Changelog:

04/30/14
  1. OmniROM Source Update
  2. OC up to 1.1 Ghz (Thanks to Meticulus for porting it over)
  3. Theme Chooser
  4. App-circle side bar
  5. Floating multi-windows
  6. Smart phone call
  7. Simple Explorer (Open Source File explorer)

04/16/14
  1. OmniROM Source Update (OmniSwitch improvements, and various bugfixes & improvements)
  2. Codinalte parts app (Thanks to Meticulus!)

04/07/14
  1. OmniROM Source Update (Includes battery percentage, OmniSwitch improvements, and various bugfixes & improvements)
  2. Fixed bluetooth in-call (Thanks to Meticulus & dadacup!)
  3. Fixed battery-temp issue (Thanks to Meticulus)

03/26/14
  1. OmniROM Source Update (Includes battery percentage, OmniSwitch improvements, and various bugfixes & improvements)
  2. Fixed Torch!
  3. Added support for Carrier Names (No more carrier numbers!)
  4. Device-specific vendor files (Thanks to Meticulus)

03/07/14
  1. Added key backlight support
  2. Added MetroPCS LTE apn
  3. Ported low in-call volume fix from TeamCanjica

03/05/14
  1. Initial Release

03/05/14
  1. Device Tree: https://github.com/Exothermic/androi...sung_codinatmo
  2. Kernel: https://github.com/Exothermic/androi...sung_codinatmo
  3. Vendor: https://github.com/Team-Exhibit/andr...sung_codinaxxx
Last edited by Exothermic; 1st May 2014 at 12:44 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Exothermic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 124

322 posts
Thanks for this awesome ROM. Will be testing soon. Hopefully you can either fix your phone or get a cheap replacement soon.

EDIT: Does this ROM works well with Meticulus' latest CWM Recovery version 6.0.4.7 or we have to use your TWRP? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by DJVargas; 6th March 2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Additional Question...
The Following User Says Thank You to DJVargas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJVargas

Thanks for this awesome ROM. Will be testing soon. Hopefully you can either fix your phone or get a cheap replacement soon.

EDIT: Does this ROM works well with Meticulus' latest CWM Recovery version 6.0.4.7 or we have to use your TWRP? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TWRP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exothermic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 24

193 posts
Want to try out omni. Coming from beanstalk. Do I need to download and flash ROM and md5? Also do I need the gapps you have for omni or can I just keep the beanstalk gapps I have already.

Sent from DWil's Magic Carpet t599n

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbigdaddy2000

Want to try out omni. Coming from beanstalk. Do I need to download and flash ROM and md5? Also do I need the gapps you have for omni or can I just keep the beanstalk gapps I have already.

Edit: OK, I get the ROM situation. The md5 is for Odin if I'm correct. Still wanna know bout the gapps tho.

7th March 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbigdaddy2000

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Edit: OK, I get the ROM situation. The md5 is for Odin if I'm correct. Still wanna know bout the gapps tho.

The MD5sum is optional, it basically allows anyone to check if the version they download is correct and complete. Beanstalk gapps will work just fine!
Last edited by Exothermic; 7th March 2014 at 01:42 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Exothermic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 73

89 posts
hi i test the rom thanks for this great rom but the bluetooth work but make sound that the only thing or bug the i find and thanks again
7th March 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #9  
Flag bakershell
Thanks Meter: 22

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadcup18

hi i test the rom thanks for this great rom but the bluetooth work but make sound that the only thing or bug the i find and thanks again

Hi to assure you great exp wit your phone please make sure you have fully wiped your phone clean and cleared davlik cache make sure you are using his twrp and his latest build. I am using it and have Bluetooth working and sound. 99% of the people failed to fully wipe there phone in cwm cleared all and any caches before flashing this rom and any other. Most clamed they were getting random reboots on beanstalk I've been using this for a few days now and haven't gotten one single reboot moral of this is make sure you are properly flashing or you will end up.with bugs

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exgenmeikoj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadcup18

When you were referring to the bluetooth, do you mean it doesn't transfer over audio or? It makes a weird noise, because that bug is also present on beanstalk, and cm and I'm not sure what that is yet. I haven't fully tested out bluetooth but I'll do so, and see what you mean.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom rom, omni, t599, t599n, t599v
Previous Thread Next Thread