Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

Changed data folder permissions, bricked?

OP Brent212

23rd April 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

60 posts
I stupidly removed the "all" read+execute permissions from the /data folder (phone's rooted), and now I'm getting flooded with countless pop up error dialogs saying "Unfortunately, <APP_NAME> has stopped". There's no way to close the dialogs fast enough to do anything on the phone. I'm worried if I restart it, it'll be completely bricked and won't start. Is there a way I can remotely fix the the permissions from my PC? I tried connecting the phone and running "adb shell", but get "device not found". I never set up any sort of adb server on the phone, and don't even have USB debug mode enabled (it's a fairly new galaxy s5, haven't even seen that option yet) so I'm guessing there's no way to do this.

Can I restart it in some sort of safe mode? Help, please. Thanks.
23rd April 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

60 posts
Whew.

Rebooted and the permissions were reset.
23rd April 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #3  
Flag Joroinen
Thanks Meter: 41

276 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent212

I stupidly removed the "all" read+execute permissions from the /data folder (phone's rooted), and now I'm getting flooded with countless pop up error dialogs saying "Unfortunately, <APP_NAME> has stopped". There's no way to close the dialogs fast enough to do anything on the phone. I'm worried if I restart it, it'll be completely bricked and won't start. Is there a way I can remotely fix the the permissions from my PC? I tried connecting the phone and running "adb shell", but get "device not found". I never set up any sort of adb server on the phone, and don't even have USB debug mode enabled (it's a fairly new galaxy s5, haven't even seen that option yet) so I'm guessing there's no way to do this.

Can I restart it in some sort of safe mode? Help, please. Thanks.

I don't know but u can try in cwm/twrp "fix permissions" option, but good if ur phone works now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread