Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NEED HELP!] xperia mini stuck on sony logo

Tip us?
 
Zedfailon
Old
(Last edited by Zedfailon; 30th May 2013 at 07:49 AM.) Reason: wrong spelling
#1  
Zedfailon's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Pedro
Unhappy [NEED HELP!] xperia mini stuck on sony logo

Hey guys,

I really need help about flashig a custom rom for my xperia mini. Because whenever i flash this custom rom(Zelly Cream) it successfully installed and i followed everything in the procedures given by the dev (wipe cahe/data/ format system etc) but the problem is when i reboot the system it wont go through the sony logo and i cant even access to the recovery. The only thing that i did is flashing again the stock firmware to fix the problem. But i want to use a custom rom. Need help guys! my mini is rooted, installed cwm 5.0, locked bootloader, stock kernel, build no. 587.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me.



Thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to Zedfailon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
superRiyaz
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 28
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mumbai
Default Dont worry Bro!! i ve got The solution!!

The reason this happened is because u forgot to format system from mount and storage!! No big deal!!
Now since u have a locked bootloader in order to unbrick ur phone u have to download sony update Service from sony site...
n follow the Procedure On screen!!
n ull get stock official ICS!! n unbrick ur Phone!!
Dont Worry!
U have root ur Fone again!!
Cheers!



Do hit Thanks !!

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedfailon View Post
Hey guys,

I really need help about flashig a custom rom for my xperia mini. Because whenever i flash this custom rom(Zelly Cream) it successfully installed and i followed everything in the procedures given by the dev (wipe cahe/data/ format system etc) but the problem is when i reboot the system it wont go through the sony logo and i cant even access to the recovery. The only thing that i did is flashing again the stock firmware to fix the problem. But i want to use a custom rom. Need help guys! my mini is rooted, installed cwm 5.0, locked bootloader, stock kernel, build no. 587.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me.



Thanks in advance
did u wipe Dalvik Cache!???
The Following User Says Thank You to superRiyaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mihahn
Old
#3  
mihahn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2155
Posts: 3,177
Join Date: May 2012
Are you sure you followed all the steps properly and you chose Xperia mini? Try it again

Quote:


0. Locked Boot Loaders should Install CWM
1. Reboot to cwm.
2. Wipe data/factory reset.
3. Wipe cache partition.
4. Wipe dalvik cache under advanced menu.
5. Format data under mount and storage menu.
6. Format system under mount and storage menu.
7. Format cache under mount and storage menu.
8. Install zip from sd card.
9. Follow the steps in aroma installer to install the rom.
10. Untick Reboot Device when installation completed.
11. Go back to CWM & Reboot from there.
12. When System boots up go to Developer Option & Tick "Force GPU Rendering".
13. Active Users Flash Home_Key fix from Addon Section


Note: After installation, first boot may take several minutes (to create cache, dalvik cache etc.) to start your device. Leave your device for 20-30 minutes to settle down the rom. Also at first boot you may notice a high ram usages (less free ram). It is natural because android system occupy a lot of memory while settling down the new rom. After 30-40 minutes reboot your device and you are now ready to fly with your newly installed rom.
Sent from my SK17i running stock ics (.587)


Devices/Links/Information:
 

Device:Google Nexus 4 8gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KOT49H]

Device:Google Nexus 7 32gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KRT16O]

Device:Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
ROM: Super Jelly Bean 8.0
Kernel:nAa 2.6 [CWM]

Device:Raspberry Pi Model B
OS: Arch Linux

For a Rooting Guide for xperia 2011 devices, click me! | To unlock the Bootloader, click me! | How to install a custom kernel/rom? Click me | Super Jelly Bean 8.0 for xperia mdpi
The Following User Says Thank You to mihahn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Zedfailon
Old
#4  
Zedfailon's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Pedro
Thumbs up yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by superRiyaz View Post
The reason this happened is because u forgot to format system from mount and storage!! No big deal!!
Now since u have a locked bootloader in order to unbrick ur phone u have to download sony update Service from sony site...
n follow the Procedure On screen!!
n ull get stock official ICS!! n unbrick ur Phone!!
Dont Worry!
U have root ur Fone again!!
Cheers!



Do hit Thanks !!

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------



did u wipe Dalvik Cache!???
Yes i've followed every instruction. (wipe dalvik cache, cache, format system, format data) but still i cant go through the sony logo. Now my current rom is the stock rom ics build no. 587. Rooted and installed cwm

Btw, thanks for the reply
 
Zedfailon
Old
(Last edited by Zedfailon; 30th May 2013 at 03:02 PM.)
#5  
Zedfailon's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Pedro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihahn View Post
Are you sure you followed all the steps properly and you chose Xperia mini? Try it again



Sent from my SK17i running stock ics (.587)
Yes bro. I did it twice already and the same thing happened. I chose xperia mini and followed all other stuff in the aroma installer, untick the reboot device, etc. But still no luck of going through the sony logo. i've left my phone for over 1hour and its still in the sony logo.
 
z1WV
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2013
Have you selected locked bootloader option in Aroma installer? I tried Zelly cream with Lupus kernel - it worked fine
 
Zedfailon
Old
#7  
Zedfailon's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Pedro
Quote:
Originally Posted by z1WV View Post
Have you selected locked bootloader option in Aroma installer? I tried Zelly cream with Lupus kernel - it worked fine
Yes i've selected it. And it still doesn't work. Any help? I really want to use that rom so bad.
 
tym0
Old
(Last edited by tym0; 31st May 2013 at 06:18 AM.)
#8  
tym0's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 24
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Did you flash the kernel Included (or recomended) for your rom? because if you are stuck at a sony logo it seems to me that you still have stock kernel.

Edit: it seems that you have just hot boot the first kernel with recovery so when you boot again it just revert to stock Kernel.
That would explain why you can't access to recovery the second time.

You need to really flash the kernel:
1. Turn your phone off
2. Plus the usb Cable in While pressing volume up.
3. "fastboot flash boot boot.img" If you use fastboot in command line or "Select Kernel to Flash" button if you use fastboot in Flashtool.


Edit2: Ok I just realised that you have Locked bootloader so what i just told you won't work. Sorry.
Did you really follow step 10 and 11 and chose "reboot to system"?
The only thing I can think of would be to unlock your bootloader using mihahn thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1879750 and then install a custom kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to tym0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Zedfailon
Old
#9  
Zedfailon's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Pedro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym0 View Post
Did you flash the kernel Included (or recomended) for your rom? because if you are stuck at a sony logo it seems to me that you still have stock kernel.

Edit: it seems that you have just hot boot the first kernel with recovery so when you boot again it just revert to stock Kernel.
That would explain why you can't access to recovery the second time.

You need to really flash the kernel:
1. Turn your phone off
2. Plus the usb Cable in While pressing volume up.
3. "fastboot flash boot boot.img" If you use fastboot in command line or "Select Kernel to Flash" button if you use fastboot in Flashtool.


Edit2: Ok I just realised that you have Locked bootloader so what i just told you won't work. Sorry.
Did you really follow step 10 and 11 and chose "reboot to system"?
The only thing I can think of would be to unlock your bootloader using mihahn thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1879750 and then install a custom kernel.
Thanks for the reply bro, yeah but it is said in the rom that it works with stock kernel. I dont want to unlock my bootloader maybe i'll brick my phone and i don't know how to fix that. I'm pretty sure that i've followed every steps given by the dev but still the same thing happened. Now, i tried to flash the stock kernel and root again and install cwm again then i tried to flash the custom rom via cwm and followed every steps then reboot. And still it wont go through the sony logo. really need help guys!
 
mihahn
Old
#10  
mihahn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2155
Posts: 3,177
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedfailon View Post
Thanks for the reply bro, yeah but it is said in the rom that it works with stock kernel. I dont want to unlock my bootloader maybe i'll brick my phone and i don't know how to fix that. I'm pretty sure that i've followed every steps given by the dev but still the same thing happened. Now, i tried to flash the stock kernel and root again and install cwm again then i tried to flash the custom rom via cwm and followed every steps then reboot. And still it wont go through the sony logo. really need help guys!
When you have 10 posts you may ask in the dev thread, maybe there's a little step we all missed and so it's not working

Sent from my SK17i running stock ics (.587)


Devices/Links/Information:
 

Device:Google Nexus 4 8gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KOT49H]

Device:Google Nexus 7 32gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KRT16O]

Device:Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
ROM: Super Jelly Bean 8.0
Kernel:nAa 2.6 [CWM]

Device:Raspberry Pi Model B
OS: Arch Linux

For a Rooting Guide for xperia 2011 devices, click me! | To unlock the Bootloader, click me! | How to install a custom kernel/rom? Click me | Super Jelly Bean 8.0 for xperia mdpi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mihahn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
brick, bricked, fix, st15i, xperia mini
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes