Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Superuser and SuperSU conflicting

Tip us?

skadude66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 367
Default [Q] Superuser and SuperSU conflicting

Hello all,

I've been running into some issues with Superuser and SuperSU while running the CM11 nightlies. I restore all of my apps using the built-in Superuser from CM11, and then I go into SuperSU to update the binary (I want to use SuperSU as my main Root app) and update the binary successfully. All is well, but then it seems that Superuser will then take over as my main root app and then I need to continuously update the SuperSU binary.

Does anybody have any idea why SuperSU is not sticking as my root app, or how to "disable" Superuser?

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by skadude66 View Post
Hello all,

I've been running into some issues with Superuser and SuperSU while running the CM11 nightlies. I restore all of my apps using the built-in Superuser from CM11, and then I go into SuperSU to update the binary (I want to use SuperSU as my main Root app) and update the binary successfully. All is well, but then it seems that Superuser will then take over as my main root app and then I need to continuously update the SuperSU binary.

Does anybody have any idea why SuperSU is not sticking as my root app, or how to "disable" Superuser?
i think you can only have one or the other not both running

skadude66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
i think you can only have one or the other not both running
I can't find a way to disable Superuser without completing removing Root Access for my phone.. :/ Do you know how to disable Superuser?

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by skadude66 View Post
I can't find a way to disable Superuser without completing removing Root Access for my phone.. :/ Do you know how to disable Superuser?
on cm dont think you can ask on your rom thread
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skadude66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
on cm dont think you can ask on your rom thread
Thanks, I'll try that out!