FORUMS

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

[app] Car dashdroid a Google like car dashboard (Material)

1,805 posts
Thanks Meter: 361

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all let me introduce car dashdroid its a new car dashboard app, i think this could be a great substitute to android auto, since i re design the app now it match with google layout, even material its highly customizable and im developing every day to make this app better and better
i made this inspired in Htc car at begining however now i have my "own" style and i hope you enjoy , it has cool stuff like
"ok google hotword"
built in dialer,contacts (one clic to call contact number), built in music player, shortcuts to apps , music controls for google music,poweramp,htc, samsung, lg and so on.
some specs:
- Inspired in Android Auto
- Compass
- Digital Clock
- current Weather
- Current location
-Music controls (PowerAmp, Google Music, built in music) with support for album art, next, previous, play/pause song in main screen
- Shortcuts slots for applications or shortcuts
-Day/Night mode based on time
- Starts the app when specific device its connected to the phone (optional)
- Close the App when de device disconnect from bluetooth (optional)
- Lock screen orientation (screen lock) even for 3th party apps to portrait or landscape
- Speed in Kph or mph
- Weather temperature in degrees or fahrenheit
- Full screen with immersive mode available (android 4.4)
- shortcuts to toggle bluetooth, screen brightness, orientation and theme
-Hotword for Google Now “Ok Google” (android 4.4+) inside the app
- Holo Theme and Android L design , inspired in Android Auto from Google as well.
-built in Music Player
-Built in smart dialer to call your contacts
-Built in Contacts list

main
buil in dialer
dark theme
shortcuts
music player
contacts

you can download from play store HERE
if you like my work please leave a good review on play store thanks a lot!!
Last edited by zen kun; 5th November 2014 at 06:00 PM.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to zen kun For This Useful Post: [ View ]

6th April 2013, 10:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nice App! I have just the problem that i just see the contacst without whatsapp information...
7th April 2013, 06:56 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddi01

Nice App! I have just the problem that i just see the contacst without whatsapp information...

what do you mean with whatsapp info? in the contact when you tap on picture contact?
well if its that you can "swype" to left or foght in other icons and there its whats app, let me know, if you can add scfreenshot would be awesome
7th April 2013, 08:04 AM |#4  

More
No, in your app i see just 14 contacts from my adressbook (60 contacts). The 14 are the contacts without whatsapp informations in my "normal" contacts.
7th April 2013, 08:05 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddi01

No, in your app i see just 14 contacts from my adressbook (60 contacts). The 14 are the contacts without whatsapp informations in my "normal" contacts.

Oh, let me see i suppose im queryng the database but i guess shows only with google? mmm let me see if this happens :/
thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to zen kun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2013, 02:05 PM |#6  
Flag Bremerhaven
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Great App so far, but i got a few questions...

When i start my navigation app (Navigon) and go back to the dashboard homescreen to make a call or something and then wanna go back to the Navigation screen by pressing the navi icon, Navigon restarts itself instead of bringing me back to the running navigation.
How can i prevent it?

Another thing: some of my shortcuts doesn't show up in the shortcut window after selecting. They're going to the phone homescreen instead

Can you please take a look at these issues??

otherwise a nice app!!
13th May 2013, 04:42 PM |#7  

More
Car Dashdroid
Zen,
This looks like a nice app. I noticed that because I do not have a Car dock the app locks in one orientation. It needs to be unlocked for any orientation. I also noticed that startup seems a little slow but you did state that it is in Beta. Fix the orientation and I will start using it. Thanks!
13th May 2013, 06:23 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticbeatz

Great App so far, but i got a few questions...

When i start my navigation app (Navigon) and go back to the dashboard homescreen to make a call or something and then wanna go back to the Navigation screen by pressing the navi icon, Navigon restarts itself instead of bringing me back to the running navigation.
How can i prevent it?

Another thing: some of my shortcuts doesn't show up in the shortcut window after selecting. They're going to the phone homescreen instead

Can you please take a look at these issues??

otherwise a nice app!!

i will try fix the navigon issue with a intent to not restart (should work in the way its working but weird) about shortcuts its difficult because the developer of the shortcuts explicit put the icon in the home screen perhaps i will try to see if i can do anything, wich apps you had this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown53

Zen,
This looks like a nice app. I noticed that because I do not have a Car dock the app locks in one orientation. It needs to be unlocked for any orientation. I also noticed that startup seems a little slow but you did state that it is in Beta. Fix the orientation and I will start using it. Thanks!

yes its little slow because some stuff with loading contacts :S anyways you are using market version? that version seems faster, and yes i will unlock" the portrait soon, im working in "built in" music player after that i will make portrait layouts
14th May 2013, 12:58 AM |#9  

More
Dbrown53 reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kun

i will try fix the navigon issue with a intent to not restart (should work in the way its working but weird) about shortcuts its difficult because the developer of the shortcuts explicit put the icon in the home screen perhaps i will try to see if i can do anything, wich apps you had this problem?

yes its little slow because some stuff with loading contacts :S anyways you are using market version? that version seems faster, and yes i will unlock" the portrait soon, im working in "built in" music player after that i will make portrait layouts

Zen,
I need landscape rotated 180deg. I use landscape flipped for the power cord on a razr. Thanks I can't wait for the update. Keep up the good work!
14th May 2013, 02:11 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown53

Zen,
I need landscape rotated 180deg. I use landscape flipped for the power cord on a razr. Thanks I can't wait for the update. Keep up the good work!

wow not sure if this is possible since android manage this =X so you need maybe cyanogenmod or a mod i cant dev for 180 degrees i only have portrait or landscape
14th May 2013, 03:21 PM |#11  
Flag Bremerhaven
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kun

it happens with the shortcuts of screen standby. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1934495

another thing i noticed... i'm not able to place the widget of your app on my homescreen, if i try a window opens, saying the app is not installed.

I would be very grateful if you could iron out those issues

oh, and a little suggestion... is it possible to implement some media shortcuts (play/pause, skip tracks)? that would be awesome!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, apk, app, application, car
Previous Thread Next Thread