Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One not showing up in Mac or Windows

Tip us?

digitallsin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] HTC One not showing up in Mac or Windows

I know there's a few threads already about this issue and believe me i looked at them all..i didn't find an answer yet.
It all started a few weeks ago(on my Mac with Mavericks) when i was trying to transfer music,I was using htc sync manager as i did many times before without problems,
then decided to use Android file transfer..Didn't work...so i uninstalled both and re-installed htc sync manager and that didn't work as well.
So i went to windows (8.1) installed countless times the latest HTC drivers,SDK (adb and fastboot) not showing up, keeps saying waiting for device.
Same thing with windows Vista(lol i know) and win 7 ultimate and another mac as well and nothing...even tried 4 different cables.
of course USB Debugging is enabled and tried different roms doing a clean install with same results.
If it is hardawre failure i would just return the device to stock and get it fixed, but i can't because I'm S-ON Rooted( to return to stock i need S-off) I can't get S-off if Fastboot and adb don't see my device.

M7_ul pvt ship S-on
hboot 1.54.0000
radio- 4A.17.3250.14
os-2.24.980.2
Jul.9-2013

I don't usually post because i like to resolve the problems on my own, but this time I'm stuck any help is greatly appreciated.

Device :HTC One
ROM Version :Android_Revolution_HD-One_51.0
ROM Date :Jan 28, 2014 | 09:01PM

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 838

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallsin View Post
I know there's a few threads already about this issue and believe me i looked at them all..i didn't find an answer yet.
It all started a few weeks ago(on my Mac with Mavericks) when i was trying to transfer music,I was using htc sync manager as i did many times before without problems,
then decided to use Android file transfer..Didn't work...so i uninstalled both and re-installed htc sync manager and that didn't work as well.
So i went to windows (8.1) installed countless times the latest HTC drivers,SDK (adb and fastboot) not showing up, keeps saying waiting for device.
Same thing with windows Vista(lol i know) and win 7 ultimate and another mac as well and nothing...even tried 4 different cables.
of course USB Debugging is enabled and tried different roms doing a clean install with same results.
If it is hardawre failure i would just return the device to stock and get it fixed, but i can't because I'm S-ON Rooted( to return to stock i need S-off) I can't get S-off if Fastboot and adb don't see my device.

M7_ul pvt ship S-on
hboot 1.54.0000
radio- 4A.17.3250.14
os-2.24.980.2
Jul.9-2013

I don't usually post because i like to resolve the problems on my own, but this time I'm stuck any help is greatly appreciated.
can you post a screen shot of android devices in device manager on the windows PC.
also were these all different computers ? and none see your phone at all ?

you do realize adb devices only works when the phone is in recovery or booted to android and fastboot devices only works when in the bootloader with fastboot usb showing
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

digitallsin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the reply

Nothing comes up in device manager in any of the computers,
Also I was able to run the command "adb devices" in Mac or Windows and it would show a number... Not anymore.
Now just says waiting for device....
And fastboot doesn't work ither in"hboot' or bootloader

telegraph0000
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Thanks for the reply

Nothing comes up in device manager in any of the computers,
Also I was able to run the command "adb devices" in Mac or Windows and it would show a number... Not anymore.
Now just says waiting for device....
And fastboot doesn't work ither in"hboot' or bootloader
Have you tried a different micro usb cable? I have like 5 different cables running around my house and only one allows my phone to be recognized by adb through my pc. Try that.
Why flash tomorrow what you can flash today??

Motorola Xoom

digitallsin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by telegraph0000 View Post
Have you tried a different micro usb cable? I have like 5 different cables running around my house and only one allows my phone to be recognized by adb through my pc. Try that.

well so far i have tried 6-7 cables of different type from friends and of mine, but only one is the original cable from HTC, and none of them work...i can charge, but that's about it. ( and that stupid message i get when i plug it in the computer...Slow charge,The connected charger will take longer to charge...blah blah blah)
i can only think of a corrupted file of some sort, but that wouldn't make sense because i did a clean install many times. Unless new roms (kikat) require USB 3? uhmm i doubt it.
I'll just keep trying different cables
Any suggestions are welcome.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2699
Quote:
well so far i have tried 6-7 cables of different type from friends and of mine, but only one is the original cable from HTC, and none of them work...i can charge, but that's about it. ( and that stupid message i get when i plug it in the computer...Slow charge,The connected charger will take longer to charge...blah blah blah)
i can only think of a corrupted file of some sort, but that wouldn't make sense because i did a clean install many times. Unless new roms (kikat) require USB 3? uhmm i doubt it.
I'll just keep trying different cables
Any suggestions are welcome.
sounds more like a hardware problem with the usb port on your phone, try cleaning it (maybe using a compressed air can or similar) to get any debris out.

digitallsin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
sounds more like a hardware problem with the usb port on your phone, try cleaning it (maybe using a compressed air can or similar) to get any debris out.
lol funny you should say that because that's exactly what i did tonight but still not working...but i was reading somewhere else that it could be a corrupted HBOOT, but i have no idea how to change that..
I'll keep you updated just in case some other people have the same issue

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2699
Quote:
lol funny you should say that because that's exactly what i did tonight but still not working...but i was reading somewhere else that it could be a corrupted HBOOT, but i have no idea how to change that..
I'll keep you updated just in case some other people have the same issue
if hboot was corrupted, you would have a brick on your hands; and since you're S-On, no way you can corrupt it.

hboot 1.44/1.54 don't play nice with Windows 8.1, but Windows 7 and Mac shouldn't have any issues.

If you really want to try another way, just make yourself an Ubuntu 12.04 (32bit) Live USB, boot from that, install adb & fastboot (you can check my guide in the FAQ section on how to do that)

then try
sudo fastboot devices in bootloader
adb devices in custom recovery
adb devices in booted up ROM (with USB debugging enabled)

digitallsin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
if hboot was corrupted, you would have a brick on your hands; and since you're S-On, no way you can corrupt it.

hboot 1.44/1.54 don't play nice with Windows 8.1, but Windows 7 and Mac shouldn't have any issues.

If you really want to try another way, just make yourself an Ubuntu 12.04 (32bit) Live USB, boot from that, install adb & fastboot (you can check my guide in the FAQ section on how to do that)

then try
Ok I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the help

digitallsin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

then try
Unfortunately i get nothing....but i must say..only once on my phone it said USB Connected tap to change settings, if clicked on it gave me the option of choosing a tethering choice (bluetooth,wifi,....) with no errors, i thought it was fixed.Then i run the commands and nothing
btw I'm liking Ubuntu...now i got 3 operating systems at boot
If you got anymore ideas please, I'm all ears

1.sudo fastboot devices in bootloader <=== i get nothing back

2.adb devices in custom recovery
mikegio@Mikes-Ubuntu:~/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools$ sudo ./adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

mikegio@Mikes-Ubuntu:~/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools$

3.adb devices in booted up ROM (with USB debugging enabled)[/QUOTE]

mikegio@Mikes-Ubuntu:~/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached