Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

EASY STEPS >>> STOCK ODIN N900TUVUCNB4 -> CF-ROOT -> Philz-Recovery -> FIX -> done!

Tip us?

TEKHD
Old
(Last edited by TEKHD; 10th March 2014 at 02:37 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 986

DONATE TO ME
Default EASY STEPS >>> STOCK ODIN N900TUVUCNB4 -> CF-ROOT -> Philz-Recovery -> FIX -> done!

> > > THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HOW TO GET THE NEW T-MOBILE N900TUVUCNB4 KIT-KAT 4.4.2 UP AND RUNNING < < <
> > Before Beginning if you have any question or doubts please visit dragonstalker's Frequently Asked Questions

> > Also keep in mind that ones you go for Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM, your BASEBAND will be updated... meaning there is no current way of going back to 4.3 Jelly Bean... (for now)

˅ ˅ ˅ - - - G U I D E - - - S T A R T S - - - H E R E - - - ˅ ˅ ˅

WHAT YOU WILL NEED > > > Download ROM N900TUVUCNB4 Then Download CF-ROOT Also Download PHILZ RECOVERY And Finally Download EXT SD Write Fix

-> Here is a mirror of the ROM [N900TUVUCNB4]

INSTALLING ROM . . .

STEP 1 -> Unzip the ROM (file name TMB-N900TUVUCNB4-20140305155920.zip) & the CF-ROOT File (CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip)

STEP 2 -> You will now have a program called Odin3 v3.09.exe... Run the program as Administrator (Right click, run as administrator) Once you open Odin3 v3.09.exe you will have a screen with only 2 checkmarks on it:

ON THE PHONE -> Then Turn OFF Your Phone and Turn it back ON by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE.

> > > NOW CONNECT PHONE TO PC VIA USB < < <

STEP 3 -> Make sure your program looks like the picture above... Now click on AP and browse for the file N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_N900TUVUCNB4_HOME.tar.md 5.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START

-> The program will flash the ROM for a few moments then the phone will reboot by itself...
-> You now have New 4.4.2 KitKat TMO ROM, as soon as you finish looking at the new ROM, TURN OFF PHONE AGAIN > > > CONTINUE . . .

ROOTING ROM . . .

STEP 4 -> Put the phone back into DOWNLOAD MODE... This time you are going to flash this file: CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 (Same as before... only difference is that you are going to browse for CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 in ODIN v.3.09.

> > > THEN PRESS START

Phone will reboot by itself, you will see a RED ANDROID... and the phone will boot into Android again...

-> This time Android is Rooted... Now Turn Phone OFF Again...

CUSTOM RECOVERY (PHILZ RECOVERY)

STEP 5 -> Now unzip file: philz_touch_6.19.3-hlte.tar.zip . . . -> DOWNLOAD MODE AGAIN AND FLASH file: philz_touch_6.19.3-hlte.tar.md5 BY PRESSING START ON ODIN v.3.09 > > PHONE WILL REBOOT AFTER FLASHING RECOVERY . . .

EXTERNAL SD CARD WRITE FIX (This will make the APPS like Root Explorer / Titanium Backup and any other;... able to WRITE to EXTERNAL SD CARD, NOT JUST INTERNAL)

> > > Make sure file tmo_kk_extsd_fix.zip is in your Internal SD Card (Phone's Internal Memory < < < DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE, SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE IT IN YOUR PHONE

STEP 6 -> Now turn OFF Phone Again... This time you are going to the recovery... (Not Download Mode) So basically after the phone is off, you just turn it on by pressing POWER + VOLUME UP + HOME button together at the same time.

-> You will see this... SEE PIC BELOW . . .

-> Now touch Install Zip > Then "Choose zip from /sdcard" Browse for the file tmo_kk_extsd_fix.zip . . . and finally YES Install... it Installs and back until you see REBOOT on top... and reboot...

DONE!!! You now have the latest T-Mobile ROM (KitKat 4.4.2) and Rooted + Fixed... READY,...!*!

> > > I just ask for a simple THANKS!
The Following 275 Users Say Thank You to TEKHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TEKHD
Old
(Last edited by TEKHD; 10th March 2014 at 10:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 986

DONATE TO ME
> > > Boot Screen Customizations < < <

>> After you are done with the guide above, you may want to change the boot screen / shutdown screen to AT&T Stock or International Stock or revert back to TMO Stock. Just flash the boot animation that you want... here:

> AT&T STOCK BOOT/SHUTDOWN SCREEN
> INTERNATIONAL STOCK BOOT/SHUTDOWN SCREEN
> T-MOBILE STOCK BOOT/SHUTDOWN SCREEN (in case you want to revert)

> > > I just ask for a simple THANKS!
The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to TEKHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TEKHD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 986

DONATE TO ME
RESERVED>>>>>>>
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TEKHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

razielpr
Old
Thanks Meter 338
and the rest of the guide? hot to root? how to use the Ext.SD write fix???
sent from my infected GS3 Boricua 100%.

chuko303
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 399
Nice guide brotha!!!! But it is missing the rest of the steps lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to chuko303 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TEKHD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 986

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuko303 View Post
Nice guide brotha!!!! But it is missing the rest of the steps lol

Keep refreshing... doing guide right now...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TEKHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chuko303
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 399
Oh lol still in the making ok bro thanks!.

The Following User Says Thank You to chuko303 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnvicencio
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Does the lock screen pattern work? Please advise.

bobbyphoenix
Old
Thanks Meter 313
Thanks man. I'll click the actual thanks button once my limit resets. I already used up my 8 for the day. lol
Moto Defy Green Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Moto Defy Red Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Nexus One - CM 11 / Android 4.4.2
Galaxy S II - CM 10.2 / Android 4.3
HTC Desire HD - Stock GB / Android 2.3.6
Galaxy Note 3 - Stock Rooted KK / Android 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to bobbyphoenix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PTJunkie1975
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thank you x 10,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to PTJunkie1975 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]