OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Custom text tone

OP mzal

10th March 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello,

Windows Phone 8 now supports custom text tones so you can select custom text tone (SMS) for each phone number. This works great but I have a problem because I would like to select a custom text tone for receiving fire alerts (like pager), but the problem is that sender of this messages is not a phone number but a text entry (instead of for example 0028631234523, sender is GZTrbovlje). I have tried to save this as a contact and then add a custom text tone, but it doesn't work, because it is not a phone number. Any idea how to solve this?

I would like to have this configured because I would like to have a very loud text tone fort his messages. Andoid has a FireAlert app but there is no app like this for Windows Phone so this would be a good workaround.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Marko
10th March 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

88 posts
Hey,
You might try the following, but I have no idea if it works since I cannot test it:
go to your messages, click the thread with the message. On top, it should say "GZTrbovlje". you can click that name and save it as contact, it will save the name as email address, but you can still change the ringtone without having the phone number.
11th March 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello,

thank you for your answer. I have tried this but it doesn't work. Any other idea?

Best wishes,
Marko
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread