Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 38,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Ace 2 original stock firmware problem

Tip us?

kingy68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy Ace 2 original stock firmware problem

Hi guys...

I've used the search function on the forum and it has come up blank.. Not sure if i'm wording the problem correctly but couldn't find anything so that why as a last resort i've decided to post...

I gave my m8 my Galaxy Ace 2 and he updated it for me to the 4.1.2 Jellybean, and to be honest when I had the phone back off him it ran like a bag of crap..

I asked him to restore my phone to the official Gingerbread 2.3.6 but when I got it back off him the phone was in Russian.. I have managed to change the language to English but there are a lot of icons on the phone now that are still in Russian.

Can anyone tell me where to get the 2.3.6 Gingerbread BTU firmware from so I can get it flashed to how it was originally..

As I said I have searched on here and on Google and it comes up with links that are dead...

Any help would be great

Thanks all and look forward to hearing from you as soon as you can..

Kingy68

teddytsen
Old
Thanks Meter 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingy68 View Post
Hi guys...

I've used the search function on the forum and it has come up blank.. Not sure if i'm wording the problem correctly but couldn't find anything so that why as a last resort i've decided to post...

I gave my m8 my Galaxy Ace 2 and he updated it for me to the 4.1.2 Jellybean, and to be honest when I had the phone back off him it ran like a bag of crap..

I asked him to restore my phone to the official Gingerbread 2.3.6 but when I got it back off him the phone was in Russian.. I have managed to change the language to English but there are a lot of icons on the phone now that are still in Russian.

Can anyone tell me where to get the 2.3.6 Gingerbread BTU firmware from so I can get it flashed to how it was originally..

As I said I have searched on here and on Google and it comes up with links that are dead...

Any help would be great

Thanks all and look forward to hearing from you as soon as you can..

Kingy68
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I8160
Galaxy Ace 2
Rom: Resurrection Remix
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: CWM
Theme

My works for Galaxy Ace 2
Android Open Kang Project 4.4
Ported Android Open Kang Project
Ported Carbon 4.4.2
MIUI v5