[Q] Bricked Z1.. please help

Search This thread

ca12bon

Mar 15, 2012
New Castle
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello all,

I recently installed Mondified (4.2.2 version) to my Z1, and then last night had a sudden urge to upgrade to a 4.3 or 4.4 based custom ROM.

I first copied the custom ROM zip file to USB, then used an OTG cable to plug into my Z1. I then did a factory wipe, so I could install the ROM, but then received an error while installing.

I then decided to go back to stock using the FlashTool provided by Sony, so installed everything (drivers, flashtool etc...), and reboot my phone. Now I cannot go into the recovery mode, and I also cannot flash my Z1, because it is caught in a boot loop.

What can I do from here? I cannot type in the ADB commands, since it's in an eternal recovery loop, and I also cannot access the custom recovery for some reason... I recently bricked my HTC One, and now I'm fearing the worst :(

omegahanggara

Jan 28, 2013
Jakarta
double-dragon.blogspot.com
Hello there. You said bootloop, didn't you? Fortunately, you're a bit lucky here. The device just refuse to boot, which mean you can flash kernel from fastboot. First question, do you feel a vibration after long press power + volume up button? Do see red led flashing?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ca12bon

Mar 15, 2012
New Castle
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi, it goes from "SONY" --> reboot --> "SONY" like that over and over. I deleted the OS (factory wipe), but for some reason I cannot go into recovery mode.

When I long press power + volume up, I get 3 vibrations, but no lights or led flashing. Right now it's not even showing the "SONY" logo.

Thank you,
John

-On a side note-
I am willing to send $100 to whoever can fix my Z1, and another $100 to whoever can help fix my HTC One. If the same person helps to fix both phones, I'd be willing to pay him/her $250 USD total (all via paypal gift)

I work at a fortune 500 company so my word is my promise, plus I would be negating a lot of monetary loss if I cannot resolve the brick issue!

omegahanggara

Jan 28, 2013
Jakarta
Hi, it goes from "SONY" --> reboot --> "SONY" like that over and over. I deleted the OS (factory wipe), but for some reason I cannot go into recovery mode.

When I long press power + volume up, I get 3 vibrations, but no lights or led flashing. Right now it's not even showing the "SONY" logo.

Thank you,
John

-On a side note-
I am willing to send $100 to whoever can fix my Z1, and another $100 to whoever can help fix my HTC One. If the same person helps to fix both phones, I'd be willing to pay him/her $250 USD total (all via paypal gift)

I work at a fortune 500 company so my word is my promise, plus I would be negating a lot of monetary loss if I cannot resolve the brick issue!

Ok, you have flashtool don't you? Last time you flashed your phone, the flashtool recognized your device don't it?
Anyway, if you need fast conversation let me know (send me PM). I'll give my contact you. So we can communicate faster.

ca12bon

Mar 15, 2012
New Castle
OnePlus 8 Pro
Ok, you have flashtool don't you? Last time you flashed your phone, the flashtool recognized your device don't it?
Anyway, if you need fast conversation let me know (send me PM). I'll give my contact you. So we can communicate faster.

Hi, I randomly tried something, and it worked (last time the flashtool could not recognize my phone). basically instead of Power + Volume up, I pressed the softkey "back" button, and plugged in the USB cable. The flashtool was able to recognize my phone and I fixed it !!!!

Omegahanggara, can you help fix my HTC One? I saw your PM and just wondering... if you can, I would still be willing to send you the $100

Thanks!
John

omegahanggara

Jan 28, 2013
Jakarta
Hi, I randomly tried something, and it worked (last time the flashtool could not recognize my phone). basically instead of Power + Volume up, I pressed the softkey "back" button, and plugged in the USB cable. The flashtool was able to recognize my phone and I fixed it !!!!

Omegahanggara, can you help fix my HTC One? I saw your PM and just wondering... if you can, I would still be willing to send you the $100

Thanks!
John

Best of luck. So tell me about your HTC... ???

ca12bon

Mar 15, 2012
New Castle
OnePlus 8 Pro
Best of luck. So tell me about your HTC... ???

Basically, I did a very stupid thing.

First: I had a custom ROM installed (Android version 4.3)
Second: I decided to upgrade to Kitkat 4.4 via OTA.... I used to be an Apple user, and it was much simpler with iphones... Naturally this was a big mistake.

Symptom: The phone is stuck at Google Logo. BTW, this is the HTC One Google Play Edition. The one thing that gives me hope, is when I boot the phone and press Power button + Volume Down, I'm taken to the bootloader menu. However, I have trouble getting my computer to recognize the device, when I try to push a custom recovery to my phone. (I forget how I deleted the custom recovery, but it's not there anymore)

omegahanggara

Jan 28, 2013
Jakarta
Actually I'm pretty new at it lol... I have the SDK tools downloaded to the desktop, and the Centos actually seems to be able to connect to my phone. Not really sure what to do next :p

Can you connect your phone to your PC and open a terminal on your centos, and type there "lsusb" (without quotes). Then post the results here. We'll see that your centos can really discover your phone.

ca12bon

Mar 15, 2012
New Castle
OnePlus 8 Pro
Can you connect your phone to your PC and open a terminal on your centos, and type there "lsusb" (without quotes). Then post the results here. We'll see that your centos can really discover your phone.

[root@localhost Desktop]# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0e0f:0003 VMware, Inc. Virtual Mouse
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0e0f:0002 VMware, Inc. Virtual USB Hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bb4:0f91 HTC (High Tech Computer Corp.)

:fingers-crossed:

ca12bon

Mar 15, 2012
New Castle
OnePlus 8 Pro
yeah I am able to go into fastboot I think. Not 100% sure so attached a pic. This is the Google Play Edition btw~

IMG_20140309_152530_zps8de7b531.jpg

Last edited: