G2 stuck in recovery and wont enter download mode

OP CaptainHairySack

8th March 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Charleston
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
So for some reason while working today my phone died and when I went to turn it on it went to TWRP recovery and wouldnt leave it no matter how many times I tried rebooting it. And of course to top it off I cant get it into to download mode to revert to stock and start over. When I hold the volume up and plug it in, again it goes straight to TWRP. Need some help please.

EDIT: In case anyone is having the same problem I had, I fixed it by following this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696 and had to use the terminal command inside of twrp.
Then it put my phone into a bootloop but I was able to enter download mode then so I followed this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663369 to restore phone to factory. Hope this doenst happen to anyone but in case, there's how I fixed mine!
Last edited by CaptainHairySack; 8th March 2014 at 05:15 PM.
8th March 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag new york city
Thanks Meter: 69

580 posts
More
Have you tried wiping and flashing a ROM or restoring a backup don't know what variant but with my Verizon g2 this has happened to me once but I just wiped and restored a backup

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
8th March 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Charleston

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninbsod

Have you tried wiping and flashing a ROM or restoring a backup don't know what variant but with my Verizon g2 this has happened to me once but I just wiped and restored a backup

See thats where Im kinda ****ed. This is my second G2 that I just rooted last night ( my other one got dropped in water) and I didnt save a back up yet....
8th March 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #4  
Flag new york city
Thanks Meter: 69

580 posts
More
Did you put cm on it depending on your model lg may have pushed an update to your device with out your permission what is your model number if you took an ota I don't think side loading will help it may make it worse

8th March 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Charleston

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninbsod

Did you put cm on it depending on your model lg may have pushed an update to your device with out your permission what is your model number if you took an ota I don't think side loading will help it may make it worse

d-800
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread