Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [JIAYU G3T] MTK DroidTool FlashTool option problem

OP Matthiew123

29th November 2013, 02:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi there, I just got my new Jiayu G3T phone from China, I really didn't like the stock rom, so I thought I will flash custom one, I made a backup of my phone using this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=407
Backup went correctly and everything was alright. Then I installed CWM, and flashed Droid ROM v2 from needrom.com, but I didn't like this one either, so I thought I will just backup my phone back to the stock rom, and here comes the problem.
I'm following the second part of the tutorial from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=407

I'm clicking on tab 'root,backup,recovery' in MTK FlashTool then clicking on 'to prepare blocks for Flashtool' , then navigating to the folder with my backup file, opening the backup file, then selecting the MD5 file and clicking open. Then I get this message from MTK FlashTool -
Quote:

--- Preparation of files for FlashTool is impossible, file isn't found : C:\Users\Mateusz\Desktop\JIAYU\MtkDroidTools\backu ps\JY-G3_130813_backup_131127-235321\MT65??_Android_scatter*.txt

The problem is, I have scatter.txt files in that directory. Even two of them. MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt and MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc_PMT

Attaching screenshots, showing message from MTK DroidTools, and content of my backup folder showing that I have scatter.txt files.
Any idea how to bypass that error? I really would like to restock my phone, current rom antutu benchmark shows 16600 only.
I've searched several forums, but didn't find anyone having similar problem.

[SOLVED]
the problem was there were 2 of these files. I just deleted one of them and option "prepare blocks for flashtool" worked.

I would delete this thread but there is no "delete" option under the "edit/delete" button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no scatter.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	2421371   Click image for larger version

Name:	scatters.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	2421372  
Last edited by Matthiew123; 29th November 2013 at 02:43 AM. Reason: solved
29th November 2013, 02:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 294

503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiew123

Hi there, I just got my new Jiayu G3T phone from China, I really didn't like the stock rom, so I thought I will flash custom one, I made a backup of my phone using this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=407
Backup went correctly and everything was alright. Then I installed CWM, and flashed Droid ROM v2 from needrom.com, but I didn't like this one either, so I thought I will just backup my phone back to the stock rom, and here comes the problem.
I'm following the second part of the tutorial from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=407

I'm clicking on tab 'root,backup,recovery' in MTK FlashTool then clicking on 'to prepare blocks for Flashtool' , then navigating to the folder with my backup file, opening the backup file, then selecting the MD5 file and clicking open. Then I get this message from MTK FlashTool -

The problem is, I have scatter.txt files in that directory. Even two of them. MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt and MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc_PMT

Attaching screenshots, showing message from MTK DroidTools, and content of my backup folder showing that I have scatter.txt files.
Any idea how to bypass that error? I really would like to restock my phone, current rom antutu benchmark shows 16600 only.
I've searched several forums, but didn't find anyone having similar problem.

[SOLVED]
the problem was there were 2 of these files. I just deleted one of them and option "prepare blocks for flashtool" worked.

I would delete this thread but there is no "delete" option under the "edit/delete" button.

Hi,
If you used MTK Droid Tools to make a backup, it should have made 2 back ups, one back up is on pc in /MTKdroidtool/backup folder that you need to use SP flash tool to restore and it should have made a backup on you sd card (if space was available when you made back up) that you can restore through cwm. Try booting to cwm recovery and choose backup/restore option then choose restore. Hopefully you will see a restore file available. If not let me know and I will help you restore via SP flash tool.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by Klown80; 29th November 2013 at 03:01 AM.
7th March 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
JIAYU G3T DISABLED LAUNCHER screen freezes after logo
Hi I need some help. I disabled the launcher and turned the phone off. It now boots up the jiayu logo and the screen freezes. Any solutions?
7th March 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 34

131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijayco

Hi I need some help. I disabled the launcher and turned the phone off. It now boots up the jiayu logo and the screen freezes. Any solutions?

Boot into recovery mode and wipe cache partition, wipe factory data and reboot

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread