Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] 1st Hard Brick, I Think?

OP BoJatey

11th March 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #1  
BoJatey's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Ortonville
Thanks Meter: 4
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Got the Casual Root, Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery .jar file about a week ago. Rooted my phone, no problem. A few days later unlocked the bootloader, no problem. Just installed ClockWorkMod Touch Recovery and tried to boot into it and got the yellow triangle with "System software not authorized by Verizon found on your phone. Turn off and go to store for help. At the top in red "Secure Fail:Kernel. Did I just brick my phone? Searched for a way out and found a few but they are for 4.3 and I'm running 4.1.1 and not sure if it's even bricked. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
11th March 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #2  
BadUsername's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 806
 
1,594 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJatey

Got the Casual Root, Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery .jar file about a week ago. Rooted my phone, no problem. A few days later unlocked the bootloader, no problem. Just installed ClockWorkMod Touch Recovery and tried to boot into it and got the yellow triangle with "System software not authorized by Verizon found on your phone. Turn off and go to store for help. At the top in red "Secure Fail:Kernel. Did I just brick my phone? Searched for a way out and found a few but they are for 4.3 and I'm running 4.1.1 and not sure if it's even bricked. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You unlocked through casual right? Sometimes it doesn't always take properly.

Boot into download mode, and hit volume down to force the phone to boot into the system. Download ez unlock version 1.2 and install it, open it and unlock, then you're good to go.

If you can't get that to work, you need to Odin this rom, reroot with casual, then get ez unlock and make sure you're unlocked before you flash a custom recovery:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #3  
BoJatey's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Ortonville
Thanks Meter: 4
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Yeah, tried to unlock with Casual. Tried DL mode before I posted and didn't work. Worked now and up and running. So the phone locked because bootloader wasn't unlocked when I tried to flash recovery. Got it. Thanks, thought I bricked it.
11th March 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #4  
BadUsername's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 806
 
1,594 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJatey

Yeah, tried to unlock with Casual. Tried DL mode before I posted and didn't work. Worked now and up and running. So the phone locked because bootloader wasn't unlocked when I tried to flash recovery. Got it. Thanks, thought I bricked it.

You did brick it.

Easy fix though, glad you are up and running again quickly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
12th March 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #5  
BoJatey's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Ortonville
Thanks Meter: 4
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

You did brick it.

Easy fix though, glad you are up and running again quickly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you again. Installed the latest CWM Touch I think and now just need to pick a ROM. With my DroidX all I had to do was root , install recovery and flash. Now I'm seeing custom kernels and modems and firmware. Think I'll read a little more and flash on the weekend. Thanks again. By the way, which Rom did you link me to that you wanted me to flash?

Added later: Going to go ahead and flash that zip you sent. It doesn't say what it is but I think it's the 4.1.2 stock or some version of it. Want to get on that before I try customs. Thanks again.
Last edited by BoJatey; 14th March 2014 at 06:38 AM. Reason: correct spelling-add more info
The Following User Says Thank You to BoJatey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes