Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 1st Hard Brick, I Think?

Tip us?

BoJatey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] 1st Hard Brick, I Think?

Got the Casual Root, Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery .jar file about a week ago. Rooted my phone, no problem. A few days later unlocked the bootloader, no problem. Just installed ClockWorkMod Touch Recovery and tried to boot into it and got the yellow triangle with "System software not authorized by Verizon found on your phone. Turn off and go to store for help. At the top in red "Secure Fail:Kernel. Did I just brick my phone? Searched for a way out and found a few but they are for 4.3 and I'm running 4.1.1 and not sure if it's even bricked. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJatey View Post
Got the Casual Root, Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery .jar file about a week ago. Rooted my phone, no problem. A few days later unlocked the bootloader, no problem. Just installed ClockWorkMod Touch Recovery and tried to boot into it and got the yellow triangle with "System software not authorized by Verizon found on your phone. Turn off and go to store for help. At the top in red "Secure Fail:Kernel. Did I just brick my phone? Searched for a way out and found a few but they are for 4.3 and I'm running 4.1.1 and not sure if it's even bricked. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You unlocked through casual right? Sometimes it doesn't always take properly.

Boot into download mode, and hit volume down to force the phone to boot into the system. Download ez unlock version 1.2 and install it, open it and unlock, then you're good to go.

If you can't get that to work, you need to Odin this rom, reroot with casual, then get ez unlock and make sure you're unlocked before you flash a custom recovery:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BoJatey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Yeah, tried to unlock with Casual. Tried DL mode before I posted and didn't work. Worked now and up and running. So the phone locked because bootloader wasn't unlocked when I tried to flash recovery. Got it. Thanks, thought I bricked it.

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJatey View Post
Yeah, tried to unlock with Casual. Tried DL mode before I posted and didn't work. Worked now and up and running. So the phone locked because bootloader wasn't unlocked when I tried to flash recovery. Got it. Thanks, thought I bricked it.
You did brick it.

Easy fix though, glad you are up and running again quickly.

BoJatey
Old
(Last edited by BoJatey; 14th March 2014 at 05:38 AM.) Reason: correct spelling-add more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
You did brick it.

Easy fix though, glad you are up and running again quickly.

Thank you again. Installed the latest CWM Touch I think and now just need to pick a ROM. With my DroidX all I had to do was root , install recovery and flash. Now I'm seeing custom kernels and modems and firmware. Think I'll read a little more and flash on the weekend. Thanks again. By the way, which Rom did you link me to that you wanted me to flash?

Added later: Going to go ahead and flash that zip you sent. It doesn't say what it is but I think it's the 4.1.2 stock or some version of it. Want to get on that before I try customs. Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoJatey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]