Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Micro Sd card compability?

OP no_username_available

7th March 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 41

321 posts
More
hey guys, i have an xperia sp LB unroted on stock 4.3 i updated from sony bridge for mac. Is the sp compatible with cards over 32gb? i would like to know as i am about to get a case and sd card as i plan on taking many pictures during my upcoming vacation and i dont know if the 64gb card will work. Thanks in advance
8th March 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kavala
Thanks Meter: 166

359 posts
Donate to Me
More
For many people 64gb cards work a treat on others the phone wont detect the card.
It depends on your current Rom and on the brand of your Micro SD card (For example i heard that Sandisk 64 Micro SD card work with XSP )
The Following User Says Thank You to jackaros For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

321 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaros

For many people 64gb cards work a treat on others the phone wont detect the card.
It depends on your current Rom and on the brand of your Micro SD card (For example i heard that Sandisk 64 Micro SD card work with XSP )

so i guess i should play it safe and just get the 32gb card? I dont have a custom rom im using the stock one
8th March 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Patra
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
More
It depends on the card, a friend of mine had 64 gb sandisk on his xperia sp, and worked fine, i tried to put it on my xperia sp, and it didnt recognize it
9th March 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #5  
Flag Kavala

359 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Akis

It depends on the card, a friend of mine had 64 gb sandisk on his xperia sp, and worked fine, i tried to put it on my xperia sp, and it didnt recognize it

From what i've seen so far i would trust a Sandisk 64GB card to do the job.
9th March 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

321 posts
More
so if i put a 64gb card in then go to settings>storage>sd card and it says 64gb available then it works but if it doesnt say theres a card it wont work?
11th March 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #7  
Flag Kavala

359 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_username_available

so if i put a 64gb card in then go to settings>storage>sd card and it says 64gb available then it works but if it doesnt say theres a card it wont work?

If it recognizes your card there it should be no problem but after one point its just a game of chances.But i think if you partition the card to 32 and 32 gb partitions it should recongize it even if it does not when its not partitioned. (I just thought that never tried it )
11th March 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

321 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaros

If it recognizes your card there it should be no problem but after one point its just a game of chances.But i think if you partition the card to 32 and 32 gb partitions it should recongize it even if it does not when its not partitioned. (I just thought that never tried it )

thanks man, i think ill partition it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread