Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help with Pyle Astro PTBL92BC tablet and CWM

Tip us?

a420pyro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default help with Pyle Astro PTBL92BC tablet and CWM

Hello all at XDA!

I'm new here and to the Android OS. Got a " Pyle Astro PTBL92BC " for yule. (I bet you all have heard this before)

I managed to root it using " ROOTx " but now I want to Dive in to Custom ROMs and tweaks. I have been looking on the net, and found not much info about Pyle's Tablets at all.. looks like a Generic android tablet nothing special about it.

Have been reading and looks like I should install something like ClockworkMod Recovery but looking at CWM's site their is a lot of versions... I don't know how to find the right one for me.. So if and when I mess this up, I can fix it and not hurt my father in-laws feelings for bricking his present to me.
So what info do I need to find the right one? all I can tell you about is..

Model:
PTBL92BC
Android Ver:
Baseband:
Kernel:
3.0.8+ sycong@android-server0 #1
Build #: 913A.V2.10.TZX.R01.BT.eng.0826.1009

Thanks a lot!

codemonkey98
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Unfortunately, there is no custom recoveries for your device. With that being said, there really isn't much we can say about ROMs either.
Devices:
~~~~

Find my post helpful? Remember to click that button!
The Following User Says Thank You to codemonkey98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zdogger
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Pyle help

Quote:

I managed to root it using " ROOTx " but now I want to Dive in to Custom ROMs and tweaks. I have been looking on the net, and found not much info about Pyle's Tablets at all.. looks like a Generic android tablet nothing special about it.
Yes, I am a newb, but I thought ROOtx couldn't actually ROOT a device. Is this wrong? Could you explain further?

zonark
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have had success on rooting the device using the Kingo rooting tool for PC. I have rooted the device and now I am working on a CWM recovery for it which I have booted successfully into but haven't been able to mount sd card or anything correctly yet.

serik21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonark View Post
I have had success on rooting the device using the Kingo rooting tool for PC. I have rooted the device and now I am working on a CWM recovery for it which I have booted successfully into but haven't been able to mount sd card or anything correctly yet.
I was wondering how you got Kingo to recognize the tablet. Im having trouble getting windows to recognize the tablet once i put it in USB debugging mode. Do you have some Pyle USB drivers? Or is there a step im missing here.

Kingo "recognized" it once, but it was as a samsung galaxy so i assumed it would be bad to proceed with a Root when the program was assuming it was a different device. Any advice for me?

Thanks!