FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stock-Multi Window

95 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Brennon19968, Member on 5th September 2013, 01:38 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I assume that the stock rom has the multi window option?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
 
 
6th September 2013, 04:04 AM |#2  
confyzone's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manitoba
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Tab 3's don't have multi window afaik, if it does than i have no idea where to find it
6th September 2013, 08:48 PM |#3  
negrobembon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462
 
More
I dont know why it doesnt have it, it makes no sense, what kind of requirements does the multiwindow need? Ram? 1gig is enough, ask the s3, Cpu? Cmon

The tab 3, specially the 10.1 should have this

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
8th September 2013, 06:31 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

I dont know why it doesnt have it, it makes no sense, what kind of requirements does the multiwindow need? Ram? 1gig is enough, ask the s3, Cpu? Cmon

The tab 3, specially the 10.1 should have this

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

the 8.0 has multi window.....
8th September 2013, 07:31 AM |#5  
confyzone's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manitoba
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedaycee

the 8.0 has multi window.....

How?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using xda app-developers app
8th September 2013, 09:34 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by confyzone

How?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using xda app-developers app

Select Multi-window from the pull down tiles.
8th September 2013, 09:36 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by confyzone

How?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using xda app-developers app

Its on the notifications drop down.
8th September 2013, 04:23 PM |#8  
confyzone's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manitoba
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Not on 10.1

Sent from my GT-P5210 using xda app-developers app
9th September 2013, 09:10 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by confyzone

Not on 10.1

Sent from my GT-P5210 using xda app-developers app

That's a bit poor....

Then again the 8.0 is pretty similar to the note 8.0 minus the stylus and the note 8.0 does have multi-window.... not sure about the note 10 though...
11th September 2013, 02:20 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 926
 
Donate to Me
More
Multiwindow mod tester needed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennon19968

I assume that the stock rom has the multi window option?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by confyzone

Not on 10.1

Sent from my GT-P5210 using xda app-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

I dont know why it doesnt have it, it makes no sense, what kind of requirements does the multiwindow need? Ram? 1gig is enough, ask the s3, Cpu? Cmon

The tab 3, specially the 10.1 should have this

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

just wanted to drop in & introduce myself...i'm the developer of the multiwindow mod for several other tablets such as the tab plus, tab 2, 7.7, and note 8 (5-layout version). I think its possible that we could get multiwindow working on the the tab 3 but i'm going to need a dedicated tester (for both the 7" and 10" version) who knows how to manually install files & set permissions (which means u guys MIGHT need TWRP or AROMA) although the packages below SHOULD be ok to flash. Also...u will need to be rooted & deodexed as well and don't forget to indicate which device & variant u are using (7 or 10 inch...wifi or 3g model number)

here goes a quick test zip for the 7" ONLY...u MAY have to extract the files and install manually due to flashable zip issues i've been having

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7yx...it?usp=sharing
^T21x MULTIWINDOW TEST 1



here goes 2 test zips for the 10" ONLY...u MAY have to extract the files and install manually due to flashable zip issues i've been having

P52xxMultiWindowModTest1.zip
P52xxMultiWindowModTest2.zip
^P52xx MULTIWINDOW TEST


SystemUI.apk
^5-LAYOUT SYSTEMUI (this is for the 7" owners ONLY....install this file BY ITSELF to see if your tab will still boot)

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE...BE SURE TO BACKUP BEFORE U BEGIN AS ALWAYS!
Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 27th October 2013 at 02:23 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THEDEVIOUS1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift THEDEVIOUS1 Ad-Free
11th September 2013, 03:16 PM |#11  
SOHKis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag VA
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDEVIOUS1

just wanted to drop in & introduce myself...i'm the developer of the multiwindow mod for several other tablets such as the tab plus, tab 2, 7.7, and note 8 (5-layout version). I think its possible that we could get multiwindow working on the the tab 3 but i'm going to need a dedicated tester (for both the 7" and 10" version) who knows how to manually install files & set permissions (which means u guys MIGHT need TWRP or AROMA) although the files below SHOULD be ok to flash. Also...u will need to be rooted & deodexed as well and don't forget to indicate which device & variant u are using (7 or 10 inch...wifi or 3g model number)

here goes a quick test zip for the 7" ONLY...u MAY have to extract the files and install manually due to flashable zip issues i've been having

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7yx...it?usp=sharing
^T21x MULTIWINDOW TEST 1


here goes 2 test zips for the 10" ONLY...u MAY have to extract the files and install manually due to flashable zip issues i've been having

Attachment 2249684
Attachment 2249685
^P52xx MULTIWINDOW TEST

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE...BE SURE TO BACKUP BEFORE U BEGIN AS ALWAYS!

I'll give this a go this evening when i get home from work (have my tablet in hand) & report back..


may i ask the reasoning for including an empty '/data/app/ directory?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes