Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

My phone says rooted but I don't think it is. And help?

OP crammer04

2nd March 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
I have a galaxy s4 att model. My phone was rooted a while back. I thought root was taken off but when I updated to kitkat the boot screen with the custom message showed up again and when trying to open an app like isis a message comes up saying that my phone is rooted and it can't work. I noticed supersu says disabled and I can't Uninstall it. I want to completely remove root but I don't wanna lose any data. How do I do this? I have a galaxy s4 on att running kitkat. Any help would be appreciated.
2nd March 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,174

2,204 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wrong forum.
3rd March 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag Oak Lawn, IL
Thanks Meter: 78

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crammer04

I have a galaxy s4 att model. My phone was rooted a while back. I thought root was taken off but when I updated to kitkat the boot screen with the custom message showed up again and when trying to open an app like isis a message comes up saying that my phone is rooted and it can't work. I noticed supersu says disabled and I can't Uninstall it. I want to completely remove root but I don't wanna lose any data. How do I do this? I have a galaxy s4 on att running kitkat. Any help would be appreciated.

To answer your question anyway, install supersu from market run it, press menu go to settings and clean up & unroot.

Or you could keep root, and install an app that hides root for specific apps. I think it is called root cloak or something.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app
6th March 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
I tried that and it says something about su binary not being imstalled

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread