FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] TF700t - Stuck on "Encryption unsuccessful" on stock system

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By luisgarino, Junior Member on 30th March 2014, 04:17 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello Guys, Im new in the foro and I would like to have your help! Due to I called Asus Official Service in Argentina and they wanna charge me with a 100 USD for soft services out of warranty.

The thing is that my dad put a MicroSD card in his TFT700t and when he whipped it out (without proper procedure), the tablet showed the following sign "Encryption unsuccessfull" and when you press "reset tablet" button, Android start thinking (5 seconds) and then you receive the error screen.

"Encryption unsuccessful

Encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your tablet is not longer accessible.
To resume using your tablet, you need to perform a factory reset. Whn you set up your tablet after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google Account"
And a "Reset Table button"

When you hit it... there is an Android Robot image that says "Installing system upgrade" and 2 seconds later you have a Dead Android Robot with a ! sign and it says "ERROR"


I have triyed the following things:

- Hard reset by putting a clip on "reset switch"
- VOL DOWN + POWER BUTTON and Android or Wipe Data option... neither worked out.
- VOL DOWN + POWER BUTTON and put Asus Official firmware on a SDCArd renamed "EP201_768_SDUPADTE.zip"... then choose RCK option (I do not have USB Sign button).... nothing happend... the tablet looks to reset, and then they start again with "Encryption Unsuccessfull"screen.
- Finally I tryed to use Minimal ADB and Fastboot, but I used some commands to load firmware from Asus and reboot it and nothing... still the same screen.

As I said it is my old man tablet... it is standard as hell! Stock firmware, not unlocked, not rooted!

When I get into bootloader it shows:
"Androi cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by "WW_epad-10.6.1.14.8-20130514" A03
Key driver not found.. Booting OS
staring fastboot USD download protocol


Im freaking out!! Would you please help me? I really want to fix this problem for my dad.

Thanks dudes!
Last edited by luisgarino; 31st March 2014 at 01:23 PM.
 
 
3rd April 2014, 08:42 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Weston WI
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgarino

Hello Guys, Im new in the foro and I would like to have your help! Due to I called Asus Official Service in Argentina and they wanna charge me with a 100 USD for soft services out of warranty.

The thing is that my dad put a MicroSD card in his TFT700t and when he whipped it out (without proper procedure), the tablet showed the following sign "Encryption unsuccessfull" and when you press "reset tablet" button, Android start thinking (5 seconds) and then you receive the error screen.

"Encryption unsuccessful

Encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your tablet is not longer accessible.
To resume using your tablet, you need to perform a factory reset. Whn you set up your tablet after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google Account"
And a "Reset Table button"

When you hit it... there is an Android Robot image that says "Installing system upgrade" and 2 seconds later you have a Dead Android Robot with a ! sign and it says "ERROR"


I have triyed the following things:

- Hard reset by putting a clip on "reset switch"
- VOL DOWN + POWER BUTTON and Android or Wipe Data option... neither worked out.
- VOL DOWN + POWER BUTTON and put Asus Official firmware on a SDCArd renamed "EP201_768_SDUPADTE.zip"... then choose RCK option (I do not have USB Sign button).... nothing happend... the tablet looks to reset, and then they start again with "Encryption Unsuccessfull"screen.
- Finally I tryed to use Minimal ADB and Fastboot, but I used some commands to load firmware from Asus and reboot it and nothing... still the same screen.

As I said it is my old man tablet... it is standard as hell! Stock firmware, not unlocked, not rooted!

When I get into bootloader it shows:
"Androi cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by "WW_epad-10.6.1.14.8-20130514" A03
Key driver not found.. Booting OS
staring fastboot USD download protocol


Im freaking out!! Would you please help me? I really want to fix this problem for my dad.

Thanks dudes!

I am getting the same thing after a recent update to Cromi 4.4
3rd April 2014, 09:46 PM |#3  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,421
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender_123

I am getting the same thing after a recent update to Cromi 4.4

CROMi 4.4??? That rom is quite old. What did you update from?
What recovery are you using?

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
4th April 2014, 12:52 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Weston WI
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

CROMi 4.4??? That rom is quite old. What did you update from?
What recovery are you using?

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Sorry for not labeling it properly. It is the latest version listed in the Dev section. I have been on custom Roms since day one and have never had this issue with any device. The button commands to get to recovery or fastboot seem non responsive and it will boot through a splash screen for the OS and then give this screen (sorry stole the pic from someone else having the problem on a phone, but the text is the same). My PC can see the tablet when it is in this state, but adb commands to reboot to fastboot just loop back around to the same Encryption failed screen...

http://imgur.com/AABbF14
Last edited by bender_123; 4th April 2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: picture added
6th April 2014, 12:52 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
[QUOTE=bender_123;51634960]Sorry for not labeling it properly. It is the latest version listed in the Dev section. I have been on custom Roms since day one and have never had this issue with any device. The button commands to get to recovery or fastboot seem non responsive and it will boot through a splash screen for the OS and then give this screen (sorry stole the pic from someone else having the problem on a phone, but the text is the same). My PC can see the tablet when it is in this state, but adb commands to reboot to fastboot just loop back around to the same Encryption failed screen...


yEAP... That's the screen... I have a stock tablet,stock firmware, not unlocked, not rooted.
The buttons do respond... but nothing seems to work...

thanks.
6th April 2014, 03:23 AM |#6  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,421
 
More
Try to boot into fastboot: Hold Power and Volume Down buttons until you see three icons.
If you can get into the bootloader (see above) you have a fighting chance to get this solved. Although I have not tried the fastboot/adb commands I have in mind on a locked device. No idea if they would work but no harm in trying.
You can also try to get adb access while in recovery, but you need to set up fastboot/adb on your computer first.
Let me know if you need help with either.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Last edited by berndblb; 6th April 2014 at 03:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 02:38 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Sound like you need to reinstall the os. You can find info here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1946456
The Following User Says Thank You to mikew29 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes