OP OmarBizreh

7th March 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 3,360

1,981 posts
Donate to Me
More

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Articles:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Droid Sync Manager Key Features:
Quote:

1. Browse Computer files and folders and download them to your device with a simple click.
  2. Browser and Send phone files and folders to your computer. [Coming soon]
  3. Music & Video Streaming from computer to your Android smartphone
  4. Browse Windows network shared files and folders.
  5. Material UI look and feel.
  6. (S)FTP access [coming soon]
  7. More to come
  8. Available in 13 Languages
    • Arabic
    • English
    • Spanish
    • Serbian
    • Croatian
    • German
    • Dutch
    • Polish
    • Russian
    • French
    • Italian
    • Chinese (Simplified)
    • Chinese (Traditional)

Requirements:
Quote:

• Microsoft Framework 4.0
  • Android 4.0+
  • Java 1.6 (or higher) installed on computer to enable video and music streaming

Information you must know about:
Quote:

• This app requires a windows service to be installed on your computer, alone this app does nothing!
  • After you install the service, use Service_Manager to start it or use Windows Service Manager (found in control panel -> Administration tools -> Services)
  • Service name as found in Windows Service Manager is: Droid Sync Manager.
  • Make sure you allow the windows service through your firewall by either:
    • Using "Programs and Features" found in Droid Sync Manager installation folder
    • How to do it?

FAQ
Quote:

Q: Android app is asking for a password?
A: You need to start the windows client, if there is no password set, it will ask you to enter one. else you will need to click on Security Control tab on top
then click on Set Admin Password button. The password you use here, is the one you will have to use on the Android app.

Quote:

Q: I cannot set Administrator password, or start the service using Desktop client?
A: Close windows client, and run it again as Administrator (right click on windows client icon, click on Run as Administrator)

Download Links:
Pro Version Features

Quick Install Guide:

Always Remember:
Quote:

• Don't mirror my files, I like to keep track of download count.
  • If you find a bug, either send email to: tickets@droidsyncmanager.uservoice.com
  • If you have a feature request let me know here, I will see what I can do about it

Screenshots:

XDA:DevDB Information
Droid Sync Manager, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
OmarBizreh

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.0.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-09-15
Current Beta Version: 0.4.0
Beta Release Date: 2014-03-26

Created 2014-03-11
Last Updated 2014-10-13
Last edited by OmarBizreh; 11th March 2014 at 08:50 AM.
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to OmarBizreh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Damascus

1,981 posts
Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Change log:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13/09/2014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Material UI look
  • Music and Video streaming.
  • Access windows network shared files.
  • lots of bug fixes and other major UI changes.
23/05/2014
  • UI Changes
  • Implemented Favorites
  • Bug fixes and performance boosting.
  • New Icon
26/03/2014
  • Added tabs for browsing Android and Computer files.
  • Added ability for background sending & receiving, users can now send and receive multiple files at once.
  • Fixed non-English letters issue.
  • Improved Security:
    • Devices are now asked for administrator (or Regular User) password to be able to connect.
    • Ability to block and unblock devices.
    • Ability to lock app to prevent non authorized access.
    • View all devices that connected to computer in the past.
14/03/2014
  • Transfer files and folders from your android device to your computer
  • Remember computer IP Address to prevent network scanning on each startup
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Last edited by OmarBizreh; 12th September 2014 at 02:57 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OmarBizreh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #3  
Flag Petrolina - PE
Thanks Meter: 206

154 posts
Donate to Me
More
This looks perfect, thanks for that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugo.gabriel999 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Awesomeville, USA
Thanks Meter: 162

643 posts
Donate to Me
More
Gonna give this a shot. Do the two devices have to be on the same wifi network? If so, is it possible to write the code so the two devices are not on the same wifi network (ie - ability to access computer when not at home sort of thing)?

EDIT:

Ran into an error on the Windows installation. Downloaded .rar, extracted to desktop, ran Install.bat, then attempted to run DroidSyncManager.exe...

Error received:
Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A Windows Service (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Last edited by LifeAsADroid; 8th March 2014 at 04:46 AM. Reason: update
The Following User Says Thank You to LifeAsADroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #5  
Flag Haldwani
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
More
Android Version?
COLOR]Android version needed ??
Last edited by footie_fanCFC; 8th March 2014 at 05:05 AM.
8th March 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAsADroid

Gonna give this a shot. Do the two devices have to be on the same wifi network? If so, is it possible to write the code so the two devices are not on the same wifi network (ie - ability to access computer when not at home sort of thing)?

EDIT:

Ran into an error on the Windows installation. Downloaded .rar, extracted to desktop, ran Install.bat, then attempted to run DroidSyncManager.exe...

Error received:
Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A Windows Service (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Same problem here also. I've attached the logs if it helps...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Droid Sync Manager Server.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 267 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adarzh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #7  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 156

508 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAsADroid

EDIT:

Error received:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Got the same exact thing
The Following User Says Thank You to sulpher For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 06:01 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
I'm having trouble installing the actual server. What's the name of the service that needs to be running? It might have installed and I just need to set it to run.
The Following User Says Thank You to andrbrks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #9  
Flag dahanu
Thanks Meter: 786

626 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulpher

Got the same exact thing

Same Issues, Even manually added service to the windows exception firewall. but NADA.
The Following User Says Thank You to emceeb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #10  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Damascus

1,981 posts
Donate to Me
More
@Adarzh thanks for the install log, that gave me a clue on what is the issue, the one attached now should work

Thanks everyone for reporting

The attached one also includes a fix for issue where the service used to crash because of failure to write in its log file.

Edit:
If anyone is interested in reading the log file manually for the service, it will be created at: C:\ProgramData\Droid Manager\
Although the log file wont be created until you first connect to the service using the android app, otherwise no log will be written.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Droid Sync Manager.rar - [Click for QR Code] (11.6 KB, 220 views)
Last edited by OmarBizreh; 8th March 2014 at 07:45 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to OmarBizreh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, droid manager, droid sync manager, wifi sync, windows
Previous Thread Next Thread