Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][WIN & ANDROID] Droid Sync Manager v1.0.0 [June 10]

Tip us?

OmarBizreh
Old
(Last edited by OmarBizreh; 11th March 2014 at 07:50 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3318

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][WIN & ANDROID] Droid Sync Manager v1.0.0 [June 10]

Fellow Xda members, I'd like to present to you my new app (which is also going to be a part of Droid Manager free and paid version)

Droid Sync Manager Key Features:
  1. Browse Computer files and folders and download them to your device with a simple click.
  2. Browser and Send phone files and folders to your computer. [Coming soon]
  3. More to come
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Requirements:
  • Microsoft Framework 4.0
  • Android 4.0+
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information you must know about:
  • This app requires a windows service to be installed on your computer, alone this app does nothing!
  • After you install the service, use Service_Manager to start it or use Windows Service Manager (found in control panel -> Administration tools -> Services)
  • Service name as found in Windows Service Manager is: Droid Sync Manager.
  • Make sure you allow the windows service through your firewall (How to do it?)
  • This app is in alpha beta state on Google play, so it wont appear on Google play to you until you join this Google+ Group.
Attached Files:
  • Droid Sync Manager.rar: Includes the windows service and a small app to start and stop the service + view service log file.
    • Service_manager.exe: Small app to manage the service and read it's log.
    • Droid Sync Manager.exe: The service to be installed.
    • Install.bat: Run it to install the service.
  • Droid Sync Manager.apk: I suppose you know what is this one
Download Links:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always Remember:
  • Don't mirror my files, I like to keep track of download count.
  • If you find a bug, please let me know either here or on Google+ Community of this app.
  • If you have a feature request let me know, I will see what I can do about it
Screenshots:

XDA:DevDB Information
Droid Sync Manager, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
OmarBizreh

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.4.0
Beta Release Date: 2014-03-26

Created 2014-03-11
Last Updated 2014-06-19
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to OmarBizreh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OmarBizreh
Old
(Last edited by OmarBizreh; 24th May 2014 at 07:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3318

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved

Change log:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23/05/2014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • UI Changes
  • Implemented Favorites
  • Bug fixes and performance boosting.
  • New Icon
26/03/2014
  • Added tabs for browsing Android and Computer files.
  • Added ability for background sending & receiving, users can now send and receive multiple files at once.
  • Fixed non-English letters issue.
  • Improved Security:
    • Devices are now asked for administrator (or Regular User) password to be able to connect.
    • Ability to block and unblock devices.
    • Ability to lock app to prevent non authorized access.
    • View all devices that connected to computer in the past.
14/03/2014
  • Transfer files and folders from your android device to your computer
  • Remember computer IP Address to prevent network scanning on each startup
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements.

hugo.gabriel999
Old
Thanks Meter 194

DONATE TO ME
This looks perfect, thanks for that
The Following User Says Thank You to hugo.gabriel999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LifeAsADroid
Old
(Last edited by LifeAsADroid; 8th March 2014 at 03:46 AM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 133

DONATE TO ME
Gonna give this a shot. Do the two devices have to be on the same wifi network? If so, is it possible to write the code so the two devices are not on the same wifi network (ie - ability to access computer when not at home sort of thing)?

EDIT:

Ran into an error on the Windows installation. Downloaded .rar, extracted to desktop, ran Install.bat, then attempted to run DroidSyncManager.exe...

Error received:
Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A Windows Service (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
"The best part about the internet is you get to see everyone's childish tantrums first hand."

"If only the internet allowed me to punch stupid people in the face. Then people wouldn't vomit their idiocy onto my monitor."
The Following User Says Thank You to LifeAsADroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

footie_fanCFC
Old
(Last edited by footie_fanCFC; 8th March 2014 at 04:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default Android Version?

COLOR]Android version needed ??

Adarzh
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAsADroid View Post
Gonna give this a shot. Do the two devices have to be on the same wifi network? If so, is it possible to write the code so the two devices are not on the same wifi network (ie - ability to access computer when not at home sort of thing)?

EDIT:

Ran into an error on the Windows installation. Downloaded .rar, extracted to desktop, ran Install.bat, then attempted to run DroidSyncManager.exe...

Error received:
Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A Windows Service (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Same problem here also. I've attached the logs if it helps...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Droid Sync Manager Server.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 169 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adarzh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sulpher
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAsADroid View Post

EDIT:

Error received:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Got the same exact thing
Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i337)
-Rom: PhoeniX v9.4
-Kernel: Faux123 017u-NB8

Samsung Galaxy S III (i747)
-Rom: AOSPA 4.4.2 (beta 3)
-Kernel: KT747 (4/03)

Previous Phones:
Galaxy S II (i777), Galaxy S II Skyrocket (i727), Galaxy S Captivate (i897), Optimus GT540, AT&T Tilt
The Following User Says Thank You to sulpher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andrbrks
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm having trouble installing the actual server. What's the name of the service that needs to be running? It might have installed and I just need to set it to run.
The Following User Says Thank You to andrbrks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emceeb
Old
Thanks Meter 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulpher View Post
Got the same exact thing
Same Issues, Even manually added service to the windows exception firewall. but NADA.
Have You Tried turning it off and On again

THE XDA MEMES THREAD (HUMOUR)

The Following User Says Thank You to emceeb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OmarBizreh
Old
(Last edited by OmarBizreh; 8th March 2014 at 06:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3318

DONATE TO ME
@Adarzh thanks for the install log, that gave me a clue on what is the issue, the one attached now should work

Thanks everyone for reporting

The attached one also includes a fix for issue where the service used to crash because of failure to write in its log file.

Edit:
If anyone is interested in reading the log file manually for the service, it will be created at: C:\ProgramData\Droid Manager\
Although the log file wont be created until you first connect to the service using the android app, otherwise no log will be written.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Droid Sync Manager.rar - [Click for QR Code] (11.6 KB, 163 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to OmarBizreh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, droid manager, droid sync manager, wifi sync, windows