Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Related to Java learning for android app development.

Tip us?

vighaneshsharma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Related to Java learning for android app development.

Hello! I have started learning java for android app development. I ve bought this book called Learn Java for android development by Jeff Friesen. I also learn from other sources. But sometimes there are codes, that i cannot understand and i think that I ll never become a good developer.

Does this happen to every newbie? Please give me some tips if you are an experienced developer?

hatab001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default alternative to java

If you have problems learning java try basic4android, and you can develope apps for android in language witch is similar to Basic, easy to learn, but powerful

pdxevergreen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vighaneshsharma View Post
Hello! I have started learning java for android app development. I ve bought this book called Learn Java for android development by Jeff Friesen. I also learn from other sources. But sometimes there are codes, that i cannot understand and i think that I ll never become a good developer.

Does this happen to every newbie? Please give me some tips if you are an experienced developer?

Have you tried an app tutorial? It might add to your knowledge base.

javamonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 6
It is not easy to start learning java with some specific framework (like Android Application Framework).
When something is not clear in the code, i suggest you should try switching to the basic core java stuff and do some tutorials on that.
After that you will have an understanding and more confidence in learning android development.
Good luck.

vighaneshsharma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thnqq every1

Thnqq every1 for help! I really appreciate u people and i followed ur suggestions now i can do some medium level programming! thnx

vighaneshsharma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatab001 View Post
If you have problems learning java try basic4android, and you can develope apps for android in language witch is similar to Basic, easy to learn, but powerful
I saw screenshots of basic4android but the coding looked completely different from java. Sorry! but i am a newbie. Can you tell me which language is that and which is easier and can i make games from this? Thank You!