Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] no LTE

Tip us?

davids90gt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] no LTE

I have a verizon gs3 that is rooted, running beanstalk 4.4.251-20140301-d2lte. I can't get LTE to work correctly. I can get LTE to turn on if I change my 'preferred network type' to LTE/GSM/WCDMA, but then I have no verizon signal (voice signal). When I have it on 'global', I can get 3G and verizon signal, but never any LTE.

This has been going on for quite some time. I've switched between all of the 'preferred network types' but its always 4G and no cell signal, or 3G with cell signal. I used to be on CM 11 nightlies, thought that might be the issue. I switched to Beanstalk, but have the same issue. Just yesterday, I updated my firmware from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1788313

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

astonjay32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by davids90gt View Post
I have a verizon gs3 that is rooted, running beanstalk 4.4.251-20140301-d2lte. I can't get LTE to work correctly. I can get LTE to turn on if I change my 'preferred network type' to LTE/GSM/WCDMA, but then I have no verizon signal (voice signal). When I have it on 'global', I can get 3G and verizon signal, but never any LTE.

This has been going on for quite some time. I've switched between all of the 'preferred network types' but its always 4G and no cell signal, or 3G with cell signal. I used to be on CM 11 nightlies, thought that might be the issue. I switched to Beanstalk, but have the same issue. Just yesterday, I updated my firmware from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1788313

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?
I have the EXACT same issue, so you're not alone! Unfortunately, I have no answer for this either.

I was running CM11 (just the stable releases), started noticing lack of LTE a few weeks ago, decided to give SlimKat a try. The ROM is damn near flawless besides this LTE issue. I could actually never get it go into LTE mode through the normal settings, it would always fall back to 3G (and I'm in the middle of a capital city where there's plenty of 4G coverage). However, if I did that *#*#4636#*#* trick to go into testing mode, I could force it into "LTE Only", at which point the phone would be in LTE mode, and enjoy the blazing fast data speeds I pay for .... but can no longer make phone calls.

Anyone else out there experienced this or something similar? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

davids90gt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After doing some research on it, I decided to flash back to stock and unroot. After that, I still could not get 4G, so I took it into the verizon store. I told him the problem, and that I had heard that it needed a new sim card. After doing some simple test, he burned a sim card for me and that did it! I'm thinking that soon after I flashed a CM11 nightly (a month ago at least) I dialed *228 to update my cell coverage. I think that might have fried it. I have limited knowledge on this topic, but I did read somewhere that dialing *228 on some custom roms is not good.

It would be nice if you could take it in to the store without flashing back to stock, but I'm not sure if they would go for that or not.

astonjay32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by davids90gt View Post
After doing some research on it, I decided to flash back to stock and unroot. After that, I still could not get 4G, so I took it into the verizon store. I told him the problem, and that I had heard that it needed a new sim card. After doing some simple test, he burned a sim card for me and that did it! I'm thinking that soon after I flashed a CM11 nightly (a month ago at least) I dialed *228 to update my cell coverage. I think that might have fried it. I have limited knowledge on this topic, but I did read somewhere that dialing *228 on some custom roms is not good.

It would be nice if you could take it in to the store without flashing back to stock, but I'm not sure if they would go for that or not.
Ah!! I dialed *228 too! Ok, that's gotta be it. Thanks!