OP BoJatey

14th March 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ortonville
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
Donate to Me
More
Apologize in advance for the stupid question but I searched and can't find an answer. I guess no one is dumb enough to ask it but here goes. I'm running 4.1.1 on a Galaxy S3 and just DL'ed 4.1.2 stock or version of it. From what I've read about members helping other members about flashing this, they always tell them to use Odin. I don't have a problem doing that but can't I just flash it using CWM? Seems a whole lot easier this way. Thanks again in advance and I'm sorry I don't know this but I should. Just been out of the loop for awhile.
14th March 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #2  
Illinois
Thanks Meter: 579

1,031 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJatey

Apologize in advance for the stupid question but I searched and can't find an answer. I guess no one is dumb enough to ask it but here goes. I'm running 4.1.1 on a Galaxy S3 and just DL'ed 4.1.2 stock or version of it. From what I've read about members helping other members about flashing this, they always tell them to use Odin. I don't have a problem doing that but can't I just flash it using CWM? Seems a whole lot easier this way. Thanks again in advance and I'm sorry I don't know this but I should. Just been out of the loop for awhile.

If it is a .tar file or a .tar.md5 file, it is flashed using ODIN. If it is a .zip file, it is flashed using whatever version of recovery you use (CWM, TWRP, Philz, etc.)
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ortonville
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark68

If it is a .tar file or a .tar.md5 file, it is flashed using ODIN. If it is a .zip file, it is flashed using whatever version of recovery you use (CWM, TWRP, Philz, etc.)

It's a zip so gonna do it right now with CWM. Thank you for the quick reply.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread