Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,288 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RegionLock

Tip us?

lion_sta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default RegionLock

Hi,
I have a question.
My phone Note 3 AP: N9005XXUBMJ3
CP: N9005XXUBMJ2
CSC: N9005OXXBMJ3
So I rooted using Kingo, then applied the RegionLock Away, but the phone is still region locked.
Now I have a SIM from the region where the phone is, but no roaming.

My question is, is there a way to speak the 5 minutes on that sim without the roaming or money on it for that matter?

Or at least make it believe that I did it?

Just wild guessing.

Thx.

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion_sta View Post
Hi,
I have a question.
My phone Note 3 AP: N9005XXUBMJ3
CP: N9005XXUBMJ2
CSC: N9005OXXBMJ3
So I rooted using Kingo, then applied the RegionLock Away, but the phone is still region locked.
Now I have a SIM from the region where the phone is, but no roaming.

My question is, is there a way to speak the 5 minutes on that sim without the roaming or money on it for that matter?

Or at least make it believe that I did it?

Just wild guessing.

Thx.

No roaming with an original-country SIM? That is strange.

What does this program say that the CSC currently is?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kk.cscselector
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7
The Following User Says Thank You to xclub_101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1399

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
No roaming with an original-country SIM? That is strange.
No roaming on the original country sim isn't that strange, some operators don't allow roaming unless you specifically request it.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
No roaming on the original country sim isn't that strange, some operators don't allow roaming unless you specifically request it.
I assumed that one was checked - meaning that the SIM roams in another phone it is OK. If it does not I do not see why he mentions it here.

lion_sta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
I assumed that one was checked - meaning that the SIM roams in another phone it is OK. If it does not I do not see why he mentions it here.
My CSC is ROM (Romania).
I mentioned that is not activated, the roaming, because, if I had it, I could speak the 5 mins and the phone would be region unlocked.

PS Not any closer to a solution.

xclub_101
Old
(Last edited by xclub_101; 25th February 2014 at 07:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion_sta View Post
My CSC is ROM (Romania).
I mentioned that is not activated, the roaming, because, if I had it, I could speak the 5 mins and the phone would be region unlocked.

PS Not any closer to a solution.
I am probably missing something - the roaming is not activated on the SIM or does not work on the phone? (or in other words - does the SIM work in another phone?)

If the SIM can not roam it is of no help, and even if it can you might STILL see unpleasant surprises (reported by plenty of users around - having problems even after doing the 5 minutes thing).

Have you tried posting in the the RegionLockAway thread so that Chainfire could have a chance to see what is wrong? MJ3 is clearly listed there are working so there might be only something minor that is missing, and Chainfire could be the guy that understands what is that thing missing.

I am not even asking if you have checked that the root is indeed working (with a root-checker or similar)

The alternative is to write directly to Samsung (mentioning your original warranty card and so on) and ask for a region-unlock code - I believe 2-3 users have reported success on that (after 2-4 weeks usually).

lion_sta
Old
(Last edited by lion_sta; 25th February 2014 at 08:31 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
I am probably missing something - the roaming is not activated on the SIM or does not work on the phone? (or in other words - does the SIM work in another phone?)

If the SIM can not roam it is of no help, and even if it can you might STILL see unpleasant surprises (reported by plenty of users around - having problems even after doing the 5 minutes thing).

Have you tried posting in the the RegionLockAway thread so that Chainfire could have a chance to see what is wrong? MJ3 is clearly listed there are working so there might be only something minor that is missing, and Chainfire could be the guy that understands what is that thing missing.

I am not even asking if you have checked that the root is indeed working (with a root-checker or similar)

The alternative is to write directly to Samsung (mentioning your original warranty card and so on) and ask for a region-unlock code - I believe 2-3 users have reported success on that (after 2-4 weeks usually).
Could you clarify on how to write to Samsung?

I thought about writing on the thread, but Chainfire is very busy and seldomly answers, especially on that thread lately.

vinodup
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Region Lock

I have just bought a european N9005 with 4.3 with region lock in it. I am in india since india does not have N9005. I have decided to install 4.3 from Hong Kong on this phone as there is no region lock on Hong Kong N9005. will the region lock go away when i replace the european firmware with the Hong Kong Firmware

Thanks in Advance

lion_sta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodup View Post
I have just bought a european N9005 with 4.3 with region lock in it. I am in india since india does not have N9005. I have decided to install 4.3 from Hong Kong on this phone as there is no region lock on Hong Kong N9005. will the region lock go away when i replace the european firmware with the Hong Kong Firmware

Thanks in Advance
My best guess would be no. But you should take a look at this post. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=566
Also post the CSC, firmware and baseband - dial *#1234#.

jdomadia
Old
Thanks Meter 317

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodup View Post

Thanks in Advance
As long as I know Region lock is not controlled threw firmware, It might serial number or mac address.

GIVE ONE THANKS GET ONE FREE