[Q] SD Card refuses to mount in Ubuntu 13.10 when plugged in as USB Mass Storage

7th March 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Somerset, KY
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Donate to Me
More
  • My device is a BLU Studio 5.0S (GSM Arena link in my sig for the exact phone, model D570a
  • My ROM is a modified variant of the stock from BLU, that I made myself
  • The SD card in question is a 8GB SDHC Class 4 card.
When I physically take the card out of the phone, put it in an SD adapter, and put it in my laptop (running Ubuntu 13.10 64bit), it is just fine, and I can read, write, execute, etc. with no problems whatsoever.

When I hook the phone up to the computer via USB, I can get into the phone's memory (1.4GB) just fine, but when I try to mount the 8GB SD card, I just get this message:
Code:
Error mounting /dev/sr1 at /media/k2trf/8GB C4: Command-line `mount -t "vfat" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000,shortname=mixed,dmask=0077,utf8=1,showexec,flush" "/dev/sr1" "/media/k2trf/8GB C4"' exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount: block device /dev/sr1 is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: /dev/sr1: can't read superblock

The only difference betwen the arguments on the internal storage and the SD is the GID -- for the internal storage it is 1023 (which doesn't coorespond to anything), but for the 8GB SD card it is 1015 (which is sdcard_rw).

Mounting it shows GID 1000 (which would be the group id for my account, 'k2trf' on the computer.

That's the only difference between the two I can see on the device. Since there are both entries for /dev/sr0 and /dev/sr1 in my /dev/, I can safely assume that sr0 is the internal memory (which is working perfectly), and sr1 is the SD card (which seems to have a bad superblock?).

This confuses me, because physically putting the SD card in the laptop, it's completely fine, and there's no super block issues that I've been able to find, so I have to assume that it's the superblock controlling the sdcard in the phone that's bad (/dev/block/void/179:33) -- is there a way I can go about rewriting the superblock somehow for just that partition?

I've already tried doing it like I would on the laptop for other flash memory (using mke2fs and e2fsck), but I guess busybox doesn't include those commands (which would make a bit of sense, I can't imagine those are simple or small functions).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blu studio 5.0s sdcard mounting
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank