Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 41,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update from stock rooted JB to Kitkat?

Tip us?

lameplx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Update from stock rooted JB to Kitkat?

Could anyone give some info on what's the easiest way to get to a rooted stock Kitkat rom?
I'm currently running a rooted stock 4.3 rom with a couple of xposed modules with Team Win Recovery.

I can't update through the settings menu, because my phone is rooted, so i'll have to do it manually. Preferably I would like to update without the loss of data, just like an official update. It's no crisis if I have to though, I can always make a backup if I have to do a full wipe.

tonykidd93
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lameplx View Post
Could anyone give some info on what's the easiest way to get to a rooted stock Kitkat rom?
I'm currently running a rooted stock 4.3 rom with a couple of xposed modules with Team Win Recovery.

I can't update through the settings menu, because my phone is rooted, so i'll have to do it manually. Preferably I would like to update without the loss of data, just like an official update. It's no crisis if I have to though, I can always make a backup if I have to do a full wipe.
Flash the official KitKat update through Odin. You shouldn't lose any data. The root using CF- Auto Root
The Following User Says Thank You to tonykidd93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hhai2pth
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lameplx View Post

find the stock rom from samsung-updates.com or sammobile.com and flash through Odin 3.07 or TWR
Root:http://download.chainfire.eu/381/Sup...erSU-v1.91.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to hhai2pth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]