No registration required

Update from stock rooted JB to Kitkat?

OP lameplx

7th March 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

38 posts
More
Could anyone give some info on what's the easiest way to get to a rooted stock Kitkat rom?
I'm currently running a rooted stock 4.3 rom with a couple of xposed modules with Team Win Recovery.

I can't update through the settings menu, because my phone is rooted, so i'll have to do it manually. Preferably I would like to update without the loss of data, just like an official update. It's no crisis if I have to though, I can always make a backup if I have to do a full wipe.
8th March 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Lutz
Thanks Meter: 7

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lameplx

Could anyone give some info on what's the easiest way to get to a rooted stock Kitkat rom?
I'm currently running a rooted stock 4.3 rom with a couple of xposed modules with Team Win Recovery.

I can't update through the settings menu, because my phone is rooted, so i'll have to do it manually. Preferably I would like to update without the loss of data, just like an official update. It's no crisis if I have to though, I can always make a backup if I have to do a full wipe.

Flash the official KitKat update through Odin. You shouldn't lose any data. The root using CF- Auto Root
The Following User Says Thank You to tonykidd93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #3  
Flag HCMC
Thanks Meter: 33

190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lameplx

find the stock rom from samsung-updates.com or sammobile.com and flash through Odin 3.07 or TWR
Root:http://download.chainfire.eu/381/Sup...erSU-v1.91.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to hhai2pth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread