Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 50,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LS980 on US T-Mobile, MetroPCS

Tip us?

AdamBlue
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default LS980 on US T-Mobile, MetroPCS

Sorry if this has been answered, but couldn't find anything in search.

Disclaimer: I have MetroPCS - so maybe I need to get the IMEI activated on my account? So far Metro won't help with that. So, if that's the case then that answers my question and I'll switch to T-Mo or Solavei. But if that's not the case:

I tried the permanent unlock for the LS980 even though the thread says not for US GSM. I just noticed others in the thread said they got it working. I couldn't.

I tried the CM11 ROM, but that didn't get me signal either (but the ROM works great).

I then tried the T-Mo ROM found in the CM11 thread. That also doesn't work (though the ROM works great). In fact, it tells me (only on this ROM) "Phone Not Allowed MM#6". Suggesting it has a bad ESN, I checked it and it comes out clean. So it has to be something with the ROM.

For those that are using an LS980 on Tmo or Metro - is it because I'm on Metro and I need the IMEI activated on my account? Or does it look like I've just done something wrong? All ROMs work great, btw, so thanks to those that contributed.

AdamBlue
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
It simply was a matter of MetroPCS activating it. I called them, but did not tell them the exact model. When I did that at the store they said they couldn't do it. Over the phone, they did.

I put my current active sim card in the phone. It said no service, but I was able to dial *228 and connect with someone. As soon as they entered my IMEI, it worked.