Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question Set Keyboard Before Decrypting Device

OP batinica

11th March 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 no custom rom. Since rooting I have been able to fix loads of annoyances with my device and solve loads of issues. The one that I can't solve though is that when I boot my phone and it asks me to decrypt the device the default Samsung keyboard loads (see attached) rather than swift key which appears when I boot up fully. I know that this is because swift key can't boot until the phone starts up so it is just starting the system keyboard. Is there anyway though now with root access to use swift keys as the system keyboard so even when decrpyting the device I can use swift keys keyboard. I know this is not a major issue but if anyone knows how to do this I would be grateful; otherwise guess I will just ignore it.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140311_003.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	2624677  
11th March 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 53

184 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by batinica

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 no custom rom. Since rooting I have been able to fix loads of annoyances with my device and solve loads of issues. The one that I can't solve though is that when I boot my phone and it asks me to decrypt the device the default Samsung keyboard loads (see attached) rather than swift key which appears when I boot up fully. I know that this is because swift key can't boot until the phone starts up so it is just starting the system keyboard. Is there anyway though now with root access to use swift keys as the system keyboard so even when decrpyting the device I can use swift keys keyboard. I know this is not a major issue but if anyone knows how to do this I would be grateful; otherwise guess I will just ignore it.

Thanks

Well, You can but you will need to have libs of the app... See this thread for more info...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2331336

Hit thanks if i helped....
The Following User Says Thank You to N'ayam Amarsh'e For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s4, root, system keyboard
Previous Thread Next Thread