Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Cool [Q] How to save apps from GooglePlay? In .apk format?

OP doctortonic

11th March 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Is it possible somehow to select some installed applications from google play, and save them to the memory card?

For example, when I am at home, with wify I download and install

"TeslaLED" - Torch Led Flashlight
"OsomAnd" - Topografic Map & gps.
"ES File Explorer File Manager" - File Manager

Then, After the apps are installed, I go in the wild far away in the mountains, in the cottage / refuge. There I have a friend with an android phone but there is no wify or internet acces, so I can take my external memory out and put it into his phone to install the apps and copy the maps, or transfer them over bluetooth.

How can I make this possible?
11th March 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag 长春
Thanks Meter: 5
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctortonic

Is it possible somehow to select some installed applications from google play, and save them to the memory card?

For example, when I am at home, with wify I download and install

"TeslaLED" - Torch Led Flashlight
"OsomAnd" - Topografic Map & gps.
"ES File Explorer File Manager" - File Manager

Then, After the apps are installed, I go in the wild far away in the mountains, in the cottage / refuge. There I have a friend with an android phone but there is no wify or internet acces, so I can take my external memory out and put it into his phone to install the apps and copy the maps, or transfer them over bluetooth.

How can I make this possible?

you can downloads the app calld R.E Explorer,AND you must root your phone. then, you can explorer to /data/app/ and copy the app you want to the external memory card.
The Following User Says Thank You to qzsu0420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 53
 
184 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Is it possible somehow to select some installed applications from google play, and save them to the memory card?

For example, when I am at home, with wify I download and install

"TeslaLED" - Torch Led Flashlight
"OsomAnd" - Topografic Map & gps.
"ES File Explorer File Manager" - File Manager

Then, After the apps are installed, I go in the wild far away in the mountains, in the cottage / refuge. There I have a friend with an android phone but there is no wify or internet acces, so I can take my external memory out and put it into his phone to install the apps and copy the maps, or transfer them over bluetooth.

How can I make this possible?

You can do this without rooting your phone there's an app called app backup and restore, can find on google play and install it .... Just open it and select the apps you want to save.... Click backup and the apk's will be stored on your sd card.....

Don't Forget to hit thanks...
The Following User Says Thank You to N'ayam Amarsh'e For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #4  
androidrocks23's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 110
 
208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
As (N'ayam Amarsh'e) said try app backup &restore to save your downloaded app as .apk format to sd card:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...up+%26+restore

Sent from my GT-S5360 Using tapatalk 2

PreSS ThanKs If i HelPeD YoU ?!?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to androidrocks23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
My phone is not rooted and I don't intend to root him, at least for now.

For some strange reason backup and restore app did not worked, but

I managed to save the installed apps (.apk) from the Phone into the PC with MyPhoneExplorer. Then to the external memory card.
However, you have to be carefull at the install time of myphoneexplorer (the pc part) as it has some adware/pup (install also some reg cleaner if you hit yes).

Problem solved, Thx buttons pressed anyway.



Quote:
Originally Posted by androidrocks23

As (N'ayam Amarsh'e) said try app backup &restore to save your downloaded app as .apk format to sd card:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...up+%26+restore

Sent from my GT-S5360 Using tapatalk 2

PreSS ThanKs If i HelPeD YoU ?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N'ayam Amarsh'e

You can do this without rooting your phone there's an app called app backup and restore, can find on google play and install it .... Just open it and select the apps you want to save.... Click backup and the apk's will be stored on your sd card.....

Don't Forget to hit thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzsu0420

you can downloads the app calld R.E Explorer,AND you must root your phone. then, you can explorer to /data/app/ and copy the app you want to the external memory card.

11th March 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 53
 
184 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctortonic

My phone is not rooted and I don't intend to root him, at least for now.

For some strange reason backup and restore app did not worked, but

I managed to save the installed apps (.apk) from the Phone into the PC with MyPhoneExplorer. Then to the external memory card.
However, you have to be carefull at the install time of myphoneexplorer (the pc part) as it has some adware/pup (install also some reg cleaner if you hit yes).

Problem solved, Thx buttons pressed anyway.

I think The Reason For not working of your app was The cHeckbox Unknown Resources Found in Security Setting.... Have you enabled it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes