Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 51,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on Boot Loop have tried factory data reset AND manually installing firmware

Tip us?

gabrielkhein
Old
(Last edited by gabrielkhein; 7th March 2014 at 10:38 PM.) Reason: Needs to be moved to AT&T Section sorry! Don't know how to delete thread, just lets me edit :/
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Stuck on Boot Loop have tried factory data reset AND manually installing firmware

My GS2 (Model SGH-S959G) is stuck on boot loop and I have tried factory data reset. It started to reset as usual then started right back into boot loop. It now just says 'deleting cryption meta data' when I attempt to go into factory data reset mode and then starts to boot loop all over. I also have the stock firmware for it on my computer and attempted to install it with Odin as per instruction I actually found on this forum (which is why I'm here asking this question ) at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982571. I followed the directions for flashing the factory firmware as listed. Odin read the install was a success and gave me the green PASS, however the phone went right back to boot loop. How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help in advance! I've been trying to figure this out all day :/

Jeetu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 10,032
Location: Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi Technological University)

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielkhein View Post
My GS2 (Model SGH-S959G) is stuck on boot loop and I have tried factory data reset. It started to reset as usual then started right back into boot loop. It now just says 'deleting cryption meta data' when I attempt to go into factory data reset mode and then starts to boot loop all over. I also have the stock firmware for it on my computer and attempted to install it with Odin as per instruction I actually found on this forum (which is why I'm here asking this question ) at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982571. I followed the directions for flashing the factory firmware as listed. Odin read the install was a success and gave me the green PASS, however the phone went right back to boot loop. How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help in advance! I've been trying to figure this out all day :/
Go to recovery and And do wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache and wait for 3-5mins.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
OP - I've asked mods to move your thread to the right section.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?