Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck on Boot Loop have tried factory data reset AND manually installing firmware

OP gabrielkhein

7th March 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
My GS2 (Model SGH-S959G) is stuck on boot loop and I have tried factory data reset. It started to reset as usual then started right back into boot loop. It now just says 'deleting cryption meta data' when I attempt to go into factory data reset mode and then starts to boot loop all over. I also have the stock firmware for it on my computer and attempted to install it with Odin as per instruction I actually found on this forum (which is why I'm here asking this question ) at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982571. I followed the directions for flashing the factory firmware as listed. Odin read the install was a success and gave me the green PASS, however the phone went right back to boot loop. How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help in advance! I've been trying to figure this out all day :/
Last edited by gabrielkhein; 7th March 2014 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Needs to be moved to AT&T Section sorry! Don't know how to delete thread, just lets me edit :/
10th March 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi Technological University)
Thanks Meter: 10,035

2,713 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielkhein

My GS2 (Model SGH-S959G) is stuck on boot loop and I have tried factory data reset. It started to reset as usual then started right back into boot loop. It now just says 'deleting cryption meta data' when I attempt to go into factory data reset mode and then starts to boot loop all over. I also have the stock firmware for it on my computer and attempted to install it with Odin as per instruction I actually found on this forum (which is why I'm here asking this question ) at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982571. I followed the directions for flashing the factory firmware as listed. Odin read the install was a success and gave me the green PASS, however the phone went right back to boot loop. How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help in advance! I've been trying to figure this out all day :/

Go to recovery and And do wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache and wait for 3-5mins.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
OP - I've asked mods to move your thread to the right section.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread