Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MK1 and root

Tip us?

stamina11
Old
(Last edited by stamina11; 15th February 2014 at 10:58 PM.) Reason: Figured out the issue.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MK1 and root

Hey guys,
I was wondering if someone could help me a little. I just bought this tablet (2014 version) and it has MK1.
I am trying to read information on how to root it but can't figure it out. I tried to flash autoroot with odin but it errored. I didn't find mk1 autoroot anywhere so i used autorootp600.mj4.tar.md5. Is there autoroot for MK1 and i can use? Also i guess i will need to have custom recovery file for my stock OS, where do i get that?
Thank you in advance for all the help.

Edit: I finally located autoroot for mk1 and it worked. But i do have a question: why do we need to flash it with Stock Recovery after? btw i am using this tutorial : http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/17/roo...-2014-edition/

clouds5
Old
(Last edited by clouds5; 15th February 2014 at 11:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 350
What version do you have?

P600 (wifi only)
P601 (3g)
P605 (lte)
?

They have different chipsets and different root methods.

[e] I see you have found the correct version if you want to get OTA updates you need to flash stock recovery so your device status is not custom. But it basically doesn't matter since you can always flash updates through odin. You may choose a custom recovery that offers you a lot of cool features instead.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted

kkretch
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamina11 View Post
Hey guys,
I was wondering if someone could help me a little. I just bought this tablet (2014 version) and it has MK1.
I am trying to read information on how to root it but can't figure it out. I tried to flash autoroot with odin but it errored. I didn't find mk1 autoroot anywhere so i used autorootp600.mj4.tar.md5. Is there autoroot for MK1 and i can use? Also i guess i will need to have custom recovery file for my stock OS, where do i get that?
Thank you in advance for all the help.

Edit: I finally located autoroot for mk1 and it worked. But i do have a question: why do we need to flash it with Stock Recovery after? btw i am using this tutorial : http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/17/roo...-2014-edition/
I believe...... so you can still get OTA updates and some functions like All Share Cast may not work if you don't.
If I was helpful please press the thanks button

My Devices
32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P600ZKVXAR
16GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZWYXAR
16GB Blackberry Playbook
64GB Blackberry Playbook - retired
8GB 1st Gen Kindle Fire - TWRP/AOKP Jellybean - retired
User Built PC - i5/2500K @ 4500khz - Windows 7 ultimate

clouds5
Old
Thanks Meter 350
The thing is, even if you have stock recovery but modify your system in other ways like uninstall alot of bloatware or use busybox your status will be custom anyway so I recommend a custom recovery for the safety of using backups etc.

stamina11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you guys for responding so quickly.
It's starting to make sense.
My device is Wifi only so SM-P600 (mk1). I rooted it but haven't flashed with stock recovery. Would you guys recommend i do a custom recovery or keep it stock? Where do i get stock recovery from? i can't seem to find it.

stamina11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds5 View Post
The thing is, even if you have stock recovery but modify your system in other ways like uninstall alot of bloatware or use busybox your status will be custom anyway so I recommend a custom recovery for the safety of using backups etc.
Yea i definitely plan on de-bloating it. So where do you get custom recovery?

clouds5
Old
Thanks Meter 350
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515656

Check this thread

stamina11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds5 View Post
Ok, that makes sense i went though it. So i see that there is ClockMod and TWRP and GooManager, do they do pretty much the same thing?

stamina11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So as far as Roms go, i see that in Development section there are few ROMs available but some say they are for MJ9 or ML1, i cannot use those on my MK1 right? Do ROMs from note 10.1 (2013) work on this device? Is there a list of ROMs that would work on my device.
Sorry, guys i know these are newb questions but i just could never figure out some of this stuff.

legender
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamina11 View Post
Ok, that makes sense i went though it. So i see that there is ClockMod and TWRP and GooManager, do they do pretty much the same thing?
I got the same question here. Any help?