Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 42,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flash Experia Z Ultra ROMs on a GPe?

Tip us?

cooljohn743
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flash Experia Z Ultra ROMs on a GPe?

I recently bought a z ultra gpe with the intention of flashing Paranoid Android onto it. I followed all the instructions to the letter, this isn't my first time flashing, and my phone is now stuck on the ROM's boot animation.

So, I suppose first off knowing whether or not this is even possible would answer my questions and I'll happily go back to the stock rom if it's not, but if I can flash any kind of z ultra rom onto the GPe then what is my issue with trying to get PA on mine?

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1083

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljohn743 View Post
I recently bought a z ultra gpe with the intention of flashing Paranoid Android onto it. I followed all the instructions to the letter, this isn't my first time flashing, and my phone is now stuck on the ROM's boot animation.

So, I suppose first off knowing whether or not this is even possible would answer my questions and I'll happily go back to the stock rom if it's not, but if I can flash any kind of z ultra rom onto the GPe then what is my issue with trying to get PA on mine?
No it wont work, you could try the CM or liquid roms in the GPe dev section... (looks looks CM11 has vanished)
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

cooljohn743
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Alright that make sense even though they appear to be the same device. How would I find and flash the stock kernel, recovery and rom for my phone then? Because I can't seem to find any of this anywhere.