Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth is locked?

Tip us?

gino_76ph
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Bluetooth is locked?

Hi.

I was trying to pair my Fire HDX with my Android phone via bluetooth. My aim was to transfer and move my photos to the Kindle Fire but with no luck. The Kindle's bluetooth it seems is "not compatible" with similar Android devices.

Why is that?

Random Username
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I've been wondering the same thing... Here you can see which protocols the Kindle supports, but I myself have no idea which is needed for file transfer

tl3
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I believe the KFHDXs do not have native support for the required Bluetooth profiles; see:

https://play.google.com/store/search...ransfer&c=apps

http://www.1mobile.com/search.php?ke...+file+transfer

FYI.
The Following User Says Thank You to tl3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gino_76ph
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Would those apps (if sideloaded as normal) essentially work with the Kindle Fire HDX?

tl3
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gino_76ph View Post
Would those apps (if sideloaded as normal) essentially work with the Kindle Fire HDX?
I don't know since I don't have a Bluetooth connection to test on; nor do I have a need for such as I use WiFi connection for file transfers between my devices. Anyway, all apps that I've sideloaded through the 1Mobile Market have worked fine on my unrooted and OTA updated KFHDX7. A lot of the same apps are available through the Amazon App Store, so they should work--they're are just not the latest version though most of the time. You'll just have to try and test those apps yourself... please post back with your results.

Tomen8r
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gino_76ph View Post
Hi.

I was trying to pair my Fire HDX with my Android phone via bluetooth. My aim was to transfer and move my photos to the Kindle Fire but with no luck. The Kindle's bluetooth it seems is "not compatible" with similar Android devices.

Why is that?
I have had no issues with BT. Works with 5 other android devices I have, including keyboards and other devices. I tested when rooted and after update with no root and BT works as expected, even one device that is notorious for not working.

tl3
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomen8r View Post
I have had no issues with BT. Works with 5 other android devices I have, including keyboards and other devices. I tested when rooted and after update with no root and BT works as expected, even one device that is notorious for not working.
Sure, the KFHDX natively supports many BT devices (i.e., speakers, headphones, keyboards, mices, AV interfaces, game pads, etc.) but not for file transfers as the OP wants to do...

Tomen8r
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl3 View Post
Sure, the KFHDX natively supports many BT devices (i.e., speakers, headphones, keyboards, mices, AV interfaces, game pads, etc.) but not for file transfers as the OP wants to do...
Good point. I missed that! ;-(