Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 45,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap rom-slot bootloops

Tip us?

greaterevl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Safestrap rom-slot bootloops

Hello All, I am a major lurker here on xda, but this time I am stumped completely. I am not new to flashing, I have done it on a total of 3 of my devices, including the razrhd which used safestrap as well.

Anyway, on to my dilemma, I bought my S4 late and it came pre installed with ME7 (I know it sucks right?) so safestrap it was, I have rooted using safe root, and installed safestrap no problems at all, went smooth as silk. the problem comes whenever I try to flash a safestrap compatible TW based rom. For instance I attempted HD14 last night and it installed fine, but after installation it just bootloops, I let my phone sit for 20~ minutes last night because someone mentioned it could take up to 10 minutes, it just sat there and heated up to the point that I had it sitting in my windowsill with the cold air coming in on it so it wouldn't melt.

I have tried a few other roms including eclipse. all to the same avail, a never ending bootloop. Any guidance would be appreciated greatly.

My Current build is: MK2

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaterevl View Post
Hello All, I am a major lurker here on xda, but this time I am stumped completely. I am not new to flashing, I have done it on a total of 3 of my devices, including the razrhd which used safestrap as well.

Anyway, on to my dilemma, I bought my S4 late and it came pre installed with ME7 (I know it sucks right?) so safestrap it was, I have rooted using safe root, and installed safestrap no problems at all, went smooth as silk. the problem comes whenever I try to flash a safestrap compatible TW based rom. For instance I attempted HD14 last night and it installed fine, but after installation it just bootloops, I let my phone sit for 20~ minutes last night because someone mentioned it could take up to 10 minutes, it just sat there and heated up to the point that I had it sitting in my windowsill with the cold air coming in on it so it wouldn't melt.

I have tried a few other roms including eclipse. all to the same avail, a never ending bootloop. Any guidance would be appreciated greatly.

My Current build is: MK2

ME7 is 4.2 based. HD14 is 4.3 based. You would have to update your original build to 4.3 in order for these Roms to work.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

greaterevl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Im sorry, I should have made it more clear, as stated at the bottom of my post, I am currently running MK2, but my phone came with me7 so I was unable to go back to mdk.

Still encountering this issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 809
Quote:
Im sorry, I should have made it more clear, as stated at the bottom of my post, I am currently running MK2, but my phone came with me7 so I was unable to go back to mdk.

Still encountering this issue.

Did u verify md5 of your downloads. ....just to be clear. ..you create a rom slot and installed hd14 to that rom slot?

so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

greaterevl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
Did u verify md5 of your downloads. ....just to be clear. ..you create a rom slot and installed hd14 to that rom slot?

Yes the MD5 matches, and I have created a new rom slot (rom slot 1) and when I install the rom it shows the new boot screen, but just sits there forever and never progresses past it to the activation stage or anything else.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 809
Quote:
Yes the MD5 matches, and I have created a new rom slot (rom slot 1) and when I install the rom it shows the new boot screen, but just sits there forever and never progresses past it to the activation stage or anything else.
Ok..you can go back to stock slot and boot to stock rom ok right?

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote:
You installed the mk2 kernel patch after flashing rom?

greaterevl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Yeah, Thats working fine thank goodness lol

greaterevl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

You installed the mk2 kernel patch after flashing rom?

Yes, I patched that over the fresh install prior to the post install reboot.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 809
Delete hd rom slot and start over...make min aroma selections be sure u select the right kernel...you can't use the custom kernel selection

greaterevl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Delete hd rom slot and start over...make min aroma selections be sure u select the right kernel...you can't use the custom kernel selection

Deleting and remaking the rom slot seems to have worked. Although I am unsure why haha, it was a new Rom Slot already.

Am I able to go back and add extras after I install it? like all the AOSP apps that it had listed and such?