Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 44,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

One/M7 stuck after TMOB upgrade to Kit-Kat

Tip us?

LAChris67
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default One/M7 stuck after TMOB upgrade to Kit-Kat

Hello --

My US T-Mobile HTC One received the Kit-Kat update today (first day of upgrade). It is stuck on the white "HTC One" screen and cannot go past it. Phone is (was?) stock T-Mob Android rooted. I went back to the stock recovery to ensure the update happened properly. That whole process of rooting, using custom recovery, etc went pretty smoothly. Now it is just stuck on that boot screen. T-Mobile logo appears very briefly looks corrupt/scrambled. I can issue ADB commands so I know it is talking to the device, however the device says "offline" and I cannot get it go "online". I tried other USB cables, kill-server, start-server and nothing is bringing it back online. Screen has now been on over an hour (I cannot get it to turn off completely in the boot screen). I figured being it is talking still to the device (although offline) maybe all is not lost.Anyone with any advice on how to get this up and running before I have to return this to T-Mobile and pay hefty probably for this.

LAChris67
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If anyone can help, maybe the below will be helpful:

M7_VL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.03
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.24.531.3
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Oct 4 2013, 17:31:32.0

I upgraded ADB, and now instead of OFFLINE it says UNAUTHORIZED (although I have used ADB before on this same computer/device and it was fine -- consistently have used other ROMs before, etc)

adzenith
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAChris67 View Post
If anyone can help, maybe the below will be helpful:

M7_VL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.03
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.24.531.3
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Oct 4 2013, 17:31:32.0

I upgraded ADB, and now instead of OFFLINE it says UNAUTHORIZED (although I have used ADB before on this same computer/device and it was fine -- consistently have used other ROMs before, etc)
Did you figure out how to solve the problem?

Mi|enko
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Can you get into the bootloader and wipe the device?

adzenith
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzenith View Post
I used Guru Reset from http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/stock-rom-downloads/, then used a USB OTG cable and a mouse to get the first update, then got the second update, then reflashed TWRP, then rooted.
If I did it again I think I'd go the RUU route to save me from having to use the mouse and do two updates.

LAChris67
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzenith View Post
Thanks for asking. After a couple of hours of panic and then reading on here, (if I remember correctly) I kept powering it until it gave me the option to fastboot (vol-down, power -- but I had to keep trying it because it would not take or boot properly consistently). I was able to flash RUU onto it, somehow lost all the data on the memory card (maybe this is normal?) and then was able to take the update. Not sure what happened there, but once I did the RUU, it was able to take the boot and update and re-boot itself to complete the install. For me, it seems like something was wrong with recovery. I flashed the stock one, but perhaps I loaded the wrong one (although I had been booting/rooted practically since I had the device a year ago).