[ROM][4.4.4][YP-G1][17/09/14] CarbonRom (Unofficial)

Search This thread

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
That did the trick. Thanks. Also, Thanks @Dark_Balor for your help.

Zaclimon, I have a quick question for you though. On our device, CM11 causes the Systemui to use quite a bit of battery (about as much as the screen). In past Android versions, I've never seen the Systemui pass 5% battery use. Does the Kitkat UI just use lots more battery than past versions (so on ALL devices running 4.4.x, System UI uses about the same amount of battery as it does on ours), or is this a bug that is particularly on our device and in our CM11 rom?

Most of my family uses Apple devices and my Gplayer is my only Android device, so I don't have another Android to check the Systemui battery usage on another device.

Well so far, on my N4, SystemUI uses 3% of battery life and with my N7 (3-5%), it uses about the same. On my Player, it doesn't even show up though I'm using Carbon.

WHib96

Feb 8, 2013
Well so far, on my N4, SystemUI uses 3% of battery life and with my N7 (3-5%), it uses about the same. On my Player, it doesn't even show up though I'm using Carbon.

Gosh I wish I could say the same lol. Right now mine is showing 15%, and that's usually the lowest it goes. No idea why it does this :(

FlinderMouse

Oct 7, 2012
WiFi Range

I just noticed that the WiFi range isn't nearly as good as it used to be... I'm not sure if it's my player or the rom but even if I'm standing right next to my router my signal doesn't exceed 2 bars. Thoughts?

FlinderMouse

Oct 7, 2012
Just thought I'd follow up after some experimentation... I flashed the recovery images from stock and I still had poor connectivity on the WiFi, and I'm now fairly certain that it is a hardware problem with my device.

TrojanDad

Aug 27, 2012
I tried updating from the July build to the August build and am having trouble. I'm not having any problems with the 4.0 player, I just wanted to update because my 5.0 player is running the August build of Carbon.

During the installation process, I see the following on the screen:

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E: Error in /storage/sdcard0/Download/CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140806-1056-ypg1.zip (Status 7)
Installation aborted.

It does not matter if I dirty flash or do a full wipe before trying to flash.
I've tried re-downloading the .zip file and that did not help.

Any ideas?

Edit: I tried it again and rebooted to recovery after the aborted installation. That seemed to do the trick.

Last edited:

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Sorry for the late announcement but I released yesterday a new Carbon build (24/08) in my dev host folder. It mostly contains upstream changes.

I may not make builds for a long time because school just begun over here for me which is why I made one just before..

Anyway Enjoy!! :)

Reactions: skyzx

AnoraxAudio

Feb 24, 2013
I installed Carbon Rom recently and I find that I cannot use the home button. Both the capacitative and on-screen home button does not send you to the home screen. However, when I activate OmniSwitch and use the home button on the overlay panel, it works as expected. This behavior reminds me of the initial device setup process, where you are unable to navigate to the home screen or elsewhere while setting up the device. I should probably note that no device setup dialog appeared when I installed, and after several reboots I am still unable to use the home buttons.
Anyone have any idea as of what the issue may be?

yaser8610

Mar 9, 2014
in 3 last publish who i install with and without impulse kernel ,after a few hours that its standby and going to deep sleep, my player freeze after crt animation lock and power and home button don't response and i have to replace battery until everything work and Sometimes in this case itself go to the recovery mode and again i have to replace battery
now Where is the problem?

juliomm45

May 16, 2017
Broken links

Hi, the links on dev host don't work, neither the ones posted in the comments. If you like, I can host the rom on my mediafire account, and send you the link to put it in this post. This rom can't be find elsewere on the internet, and is worth to keep it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Gapps Downloads (Banks)

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Bugs

Same as CM11...

Thanks

Carbon Team
    Cyanogenmod
    Bbelos

Device-specific Changelog:

Code:
    16-05-14:
    - Ramdisk compression changes
    - Fixes for google camera

19-04-14:
    - 720p Video recording (and 480p fix)
    - Fixed Camera tile preview
    - Fixed Headphone button (for play/pause)

23-03-14:
    - Fixed GPS and Bluetooth
    - Touchscreen now works in recovery
    - Misc improvements

07-03-14:
    - Initial Release
    Update!

Hey it's been a long so I thought I could drop in an update in case you've been waiting for new stuff

16/05:

- Little ramdisk changes (results in a lower sized boot.img)
    - Fix for google camera
    - Upstream changes (New theme provider, checkbox for high-res graphics, omni switch, etc)

I didn't tested yet impulse with this build but I assume it will work no problem, though I'll update impulse next week with this new change.

Enjoy!! :)

EDIT: Removed for the time being, there's a crash with systemui, I'll recompile with the fix.
    Alright new build available guys on the dev-host folder:

06/07

Upstream carbon changes (Google update service wakelock fix as the main important change for some)

A new CM build with the changes will come tomorrow.

Enjoy!! :)
    very nice , goood and beauty rom

thanks carbon :D

after flash this rom my headset button not respond in music apps like poweramp

i need it

where is the problem ?

I found the issue, it will be fixed in the next build.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk