Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone gets quite hot around charging port.

Tip us?

Whiplashh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,467
Default Phone gets quite hot around charging port.

So as some of you may know, I have self repaired my S3 recently. My power button was faulty and kept turning off by it self. I went in and took the phone apart and fixed the power button issue, only problem the phone gets very hot around the charging port while charging. It didn't do this before I fixed it, so what can be the issue? Any insight could be helpful! Thank you for your time.

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.
Need Help? Private Message me! Don't forget to hit that thanks button if I helped!
-
Devices: Evo Shift 4G (Dead) - Evo 4g (OG) - Sprint LG Optimus S - Sprint Galaxy S3 - Sprint Optimus G (LGOG) - Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: All running Stock or some form of Cyanogenmod. (CM7, 10, or 11). Except the Galaxy S3, it has some Wicked Sensations.
Current Devices: Sprint Optimus G, Google Nexus 7

bradley129
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 63
Are you sure it did not do it before? I have a sgs3 I bought not even a month ago and it gets very hot around the charging port. Infact my friends gs3 does too. I think its normal.

Sent From My Smoking Hot Galaxy SIII
The Following User Says Thank You to bradley129 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Whiplashh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley129 View Post
Are you sure it did not do it before? I have a sgs3 I bought not even a month ago and it gets very hot around the charging port. Infact my friends gs3 does too. I think its normal.

Even when the phone is just charging and not in use?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Need Help? Private Message me! Don't forget to hit that thanks button if I helped!
-
Devices: Evo Shift 4G (Dead) - Evo 4g (OG) - Sprint LG Optimus S - Sprint Galaxy S3 - Sprint Optimus G (LGOG) - Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: All running Stock or some form of Cyanogenmod. (CM7, 10, or 11). Except the Galaxy S3, it has some Wicked Sensations.

bradley129
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh View Post
Even when the phone is just charging and not in use?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ehh no. Sorry I didn't even notice in the op it gets hot not even in use. Does it get extremely hot or just warm to the touch? The sgs1 use to get so hot around the charging port and screen you couldn't touch it but that was normal for them phones after long periods of playing with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to bradley129 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Whiplashh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,467
Quote:
Ehh no. Sorry I didn't even notice in the op it gets hot not even in use. Does it get extremely hot or just warm to the touch? The sgs1 use to get so hot around the charging port and screen you couldn't touch it but that was normal for them phones after long periods of playing with it.

Sometimes it just gets warm, and that is my bad, I didn't put that in OP it was charging and not in use. Sometimes it is just warm or it can get pretty hot, even if the screen is on and doing nothing, it didn't do this before. I was hoping someone who has taken the S3 apart too might have some insight why, thank you for your help though. It does help. It doesn't seem bad right now.

-Whiplashh

-

bradley129
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh View Post
Sometimes it just gets warm, and that is my bad, I didn't put that in OP it was charging and not in use. Sometimes it is just warm or it can get pretty hot, even if the screen is on and doing nothing, it didn't do this before. I was hoping someone who has taken the S3 apart too might have some insight why, thank you for your help though. It does help. It doesn't seem bad right now.

-Whiplashh

Hmm are you overclocking? Maybe your CPU is set higher now than before and that could cause heat issues.

alemosman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Guys am facing the same problem here, my S3 is always hot when am using it even for just playing music, This is as a result of me flashing my Boost S3 with Sprint stock ROM. Someone should help us out

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

bradley129
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by alemosman View Post
Guys am facing the same problem here, my S3 is always hot when am using it even for just playing music, This is as a result of me flashing my Boost S3 with Sprint stock ROM. Someone should help us out

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
That is not a result of a ROM flash.... Sprint and boost use the same hardware and it would not affect your phone.

alemosman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question Data is causing it

Quote:
That is not a result of a ROM flash.... Sprint and boost use the same hardware and it would not affect your phone.

Thanks #bradley but i guess it only heats up when Mobile Data is ON. Any clue on that as well??

bradley129
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by alemosman View Post
Thanks #bradley but i guess it only heats up when Mobile Data is ON. Any clue on that as well??
Does it heat up on 4g or 3g or both?