Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,262 Members 44,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

hu

Tip us?
 
KevinK04
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default hu

i have a note 2 dn3 didnt instal correctly now its in a boot loop and im not able to get into recovery for some reason. what do i do?
 
eZdubzitmk4
Old
#2  
eZdubzitmk4's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4091
Posts: 3,624
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: RI

 
DONATE TO ME
Flash a recovery via Odin

Sent from my lightning fast Note II running MeanBean 2.0 SuperCharged
<---Click!
<-
 
KevinK04
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eZdubzitmk4 View Post
Flash a recovery via Odin

Sent from my lightning fast Note II running MeanBean 2.0 SuperCharged
yea i tried that and now it just freezes up.
 
dicksteele
Old
#4  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,073
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK04 View Post
yea i tried that and now it just freezes up.
Now reboot into custom recovery and do a factory reset
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....
 
eZdubzitmk4
Old
#5  
eZdubzitmk4's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4091
Posts: 3,624
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: RI

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK04 View Post
yea i tried that and now it just freezes up.
Dont flash the same recovery. If you had cwm..flash twrp..then after that flash with cwm. It shouldnt freeze if you have the correct tar files.

I can upload them tonight after work

Sent from my lightning fast Note II running MeanBean 2.0 SuperCharged
<---Click!
<-
 
KevinK04
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Now reboot into custom recovery and do a factory reset
yea when i installed the recovery it dont boot into the recovery it just freezes sooo.. i cant get into recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to KevinK04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dicksteele
Old
#7  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,073
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK04 View Post
yea when i installed the recovery it dont boot into the recovery it just freezes sooo.. i cant get into recovery
Aahhh... Got it...

And obviously you can still get to download mode to ODIN??

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447
Go here.

Do Step #2 after the notes in red. Start at download I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....
 
KevinK04
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Aahhh... Got it...

And obviously you can still get to download mode to ODIN??

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447
Go here.

Do Step #2 after the notes in red. Start at download I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip
i can get into dl mode. but ive tried flashing cwm and twrp using odin. neither works the phone just freezes on the boot logo. where it says samsung galaxy note 2... and ive dled for att note 2 tars.... do i need to dl for n7105 recoveries? cuz it was a botched install or what? am i doing somthing wrong? ill check out that link right now
 
dicksteele
Old
#9  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,073
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK04 View Post
i can get into dl mode. but ive tried flashing cwm and twrp using odin. neither works the phone just freezes on the boot logo. where it says samsung galaxy note 2... and ive dled for att note 2 tars.... do i need to dl for n7105 recoveries? cuz it was a botched install or what? am i doing somthing wrong? ill check out that link right now
A xda user found out a couple of months ago that flashing the param/tz files in ODIN fixes the inability to boot into recovery.

Some stuff just got scrambled,

Here's some info on the files.


tz.img = ARM Trust Zone - http://www.arm.com/products/processo.../trustzone.php
param.bin = kernel load parameters, plus some JPEG's required in the boot stage.
Credit to @Odia
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=91
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...